At A standstill? I have the Secret: LIFT HEAVY, GIRLS! (Pic)

Replies

• Chrissysftns
    Chrissysftns Posts: 113 Member
    I viewed this a couple times, and the pictures were all shown the correct way, but Now They are too large to view.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
  • Chrissysftns
    Nice comma placement.

Lol .. I guess lifting heavy girls would be just as affective!
  • autopilot_on
    autopilot_on Posts: 388
    Wow, look at the difference! You are doing AWESOME! Lift heavy!!
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    well u look sexxxy in all pics!! keep going:)
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    You look FANTASTIC!!!!!! Great job!!!!!!
  • mommylifter
    mommylifter Posts: 123
    This is exactly what I want to hear!
  • rubybriseno0615
    rubybriseno0615 Posts: 4 Member
    You look awesome!!! Congrats!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Yep, lifting heavy changes your body! You're proof. Congratulations, you're looking great! :drinker:
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Great progress ! I love lifting too. What type of HITT do you do?
  • Chrissysftns
    Great progress ! I love lifting too. What type of HITT do you do?

I do sprints in the treadmill/ or burpees and jump roping.. Mainly sprints though
  • stayfocus3d
    stayfocus3d Posts: 34 Member
    amazing thank you for sharing this, time to start lifting heavy for me
  • xprplstardust
    xprplstardust Posts: 105 Member
    awesome!! you look great! I want to lift heavy so bad but I can't afford a gym. I have 8 pound dumbbells at home & will get higher but I can only get so many pounds because of the expense. hopefully i'll find some weights at a yard sale this summer.
  • atuchon
    atuchon Posts: 234 Member
    Crazy how much faster you got results!!! You look great!

I, like this ^ person said, can't afford a gym membership. Do you think it's possible to lift HEAVY at home? I REALLY want to start this because I have seen such great results! I'm currently in the middle of Insanity, lots of cardio, and I'd much rather be lifting! Also, I'm curious, how long do you lift each session?
  • twingirlsmommy
    twingirlsmommy Posts: 111 Member
    what do you consider a heavy weight?? I started with 5's, I'm on 15 pound dumbbells right now and going to be doing 17.5 pounds next week??
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Wow!!! You Look amazing!! This is why I have decided to start lifting!!
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    dang!! what a difference! congrats you are looking awesome!
  • I have plateaud with cardio only. I am starting weights also and hoping that will help! You look great!
  • jassyjan1
    jassyjan1 Posts: 313 Member
    Wow!!! Your story has been my dilemma. I have started to make lifting more of a focus also. I'm sure hoping to get some amazing results like you. You look totally awesome.
  • WhaddoWino
    WhaddoWino Posts: 146 Member
    AWESOME! I am over 40 and started heavy lifting two weeks ago. I have a solid fitness base but want to really push to see how much I can polish up these old bones. Can't wait to see my progress after six weeks.

Someone in this thread was asking about how to define "heavy lifting." My trainer has me lifting heavy enough that I can't perform more that 8-12 reps. Then, he will add more weight until I am still able to maintain proper form but can't perform more than about 6-8 reps.... Then he lightens it to the previous weight and I go again. [This varies by exercise, but this is the general idea.] When you challenge your muscles to exhaustion, you add muscle and build strength rather than simply toning the muscle you have. More muscle means a faster burning metabolism.

Women start to lose muscle mass after the age of 30 and really start to experience muscle loss in their 40's. Heavy lifting can increase muscle mass even in older women. Plus, who doesn't want to be strong?!
  • Chrissysftns
    Crazy how much faster you got results!!! You look great!

I, like this ^ person said, can't afford a gym membership. Do you think it's possible to lift HEAVY at home? I REALLY want to start this because I have seen such great results! I'm currently in the middle of Insanity, lots of cardio, and I'd much rather be lifting! Also, I'm curious, how long do you lift each session?

Hey! It all really just depends On what muscle groups I am working out..I would say usually around 30 minutes. I do legs twice a week, then Back/biceps one day, Chest/triceps the next, and shoulders by itself. GOod luck with Insanity! That is HARD!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!