S.B.F. Challenge. . .June 25

Options
Hello. . . . .exercisers!

Today is spin class for 45 minutes, and walking there and back if it's not storming again.

Big achievement yesterday: not going over on my calories on date night, even with gelato after dinner. (we decided to take a long walk, as the weather was nice and we'd just eaten gelato) Mmmmm. . .gelato. At the end of the day I had one (1!) calorie left over.

but I digress. . .

So, today is:
spinning
walking
water
vits.

Oh, and yesterday I had a massive fail in my "no disposable shopping bags" goal. Two unexpected trips to the drugstore later, there they were. I need to buy one of those mesh bags you can cram into a tiny purse. Or, start carrying one of those back-breaking massive purses that seem to be so chic right now. (my shoulder hurts just looking at them)

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hello. . . . .exercisers!

Today is spin class for 45 minutes, and walking there and back if it's not storming again.

Big achievement yesterday: not going over on my calories on date night, even with gelato after dinner. (we decided to take a long walk, as the weather was nice and we'd just eaten gelato) Mmmmm. . .gelato. At the end of the day I had one (1!) calorie left over.

but I digress. . .

So, today is:
    spinning
    walking
    water
    vits.

Oh, and yesterday I had a massive fail in my "no disposable shopping bags" goal. Two unexpected trips to the drugstore later, there they were. I need to buy one of those mesh bags you can cram into a tiny purse. Or, start carrying one of those back-breaking massive purses that seem to be so chic right now. (my shoulder hurts just looking at them)
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Good morning.... Happy Hump Day :smile: :smile:
    I didn't get my workout in yesterday.:sad: :sad:
    So today I'm going to work out if it only for 30 min. I'm going to get some type of exercise in.:drinker:
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    Good Morning.

finally made it to the gym before work! yay.
    30 min lightish cardio and 15 pushups, dips, etc
    After work going back to run for 30min.

I am trying to get back on track from taking a few days off. I want to get my strength routine together for a good solid "before work routine" starting tomorrow morning.

I keep trekking across town to get a green juice so I am going to buy myself a really good juicer today.

It is so awesome to be able to check in with all of you because I do not know anyone else who really even goes to the gym in this town. So I appreciate it and am happy to be on board. :happy:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Monster purses, yuck. I saw on Oprah that they are supposed to make you look smaller - that's the only reason I can see someone carrying one.

Gelatto has about 260 calories for a small. Dangerous information - like the days you have about, oh, 260 calories left over... I had to limit myself to one dessert a week, primarily for days that I had calories left over.

It's lovely to have some new "faces" here.

Yesterday I walked and did a little elliptical. Also went to the dance class - it was about 1.5 miles in "steps" for an hour class. Somehow I managed 25,000 steps yesterday, and this is the easy week!

Today is weights class and yoga - hopefully. I have a dentist appointment at noon, yuck - even had nightmares about it last night - so I may just come home and hide in bed.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Happy Hump Day all! After two inches of rain yesterday and three monster thunder storms, it's finally nice here. I did Level 3 again and then mowed the lawn and did some weeding and painted our basketball pole and it's not even Noon yet!

My achievement for this week is that I'm wearing size 8 jeans! I was in an 18-20 when I started my journey in October and can't even remember when I wore single digit anything!

Today is a good day in New York!:drinker:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! Glad to hear of everyone's success this morning or from yesterday. I failed on my goals yesterday. I didn't log and I didn't do Taebo. I did drink lots of water and took my son to the library! After lunch, I realized that I really needed to work out. So I did some strength training as I had just eaten and didn't want to do cardio. Today my goal was to do an hour of Taebo. Well, I did 45 minutes of it with several interruptions! I finally got frustrated since I had to stop the DVD so many times! I usually don't answer the phone while I am working out but my hubby was calling and we had something bad happen yesterday financially so I was wanting to see what he had gotten straightened out. Anyway, I did get 45 minutes in. Better than nothing and I am already hurting really bad.
    Other goals for the day:
    Drink water
    Make a car project for my son to play with (part of his therapy)
    And straighten up the house
    Oh and I also got rid of a bunch of sweets this morning by throwing them away! I kept sneaking some here and there and before I knew it, it wasn't just little anymore! So that makes me feel better!
    Have a great day!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day all! After two inches of rain yesterday and three monster thunder storms, it's finally nice here. I did Level 3 again and then mowed the lawn and did some weeding and painted our basketball pole and it's not even Noon yet!

My achievement for this week is that I'm wearing size 8 jeans! I was in an 18-20 when I started my journey in October and can't even remember when I wore single digit anything!

Today is a good day in New York!:drinker:

Size 8 makes any day a great day! Congrats!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Update. . .I just joined a new gym!

The good news is it's only a 5 minute walk. That means I can use the extra 30-40 minutes I spend walking to my old gym and back for (drumroll please) weight training. I got a package with visits with a trainer, so I can be safe (doctor has cleared this). Also, five minutes away is so much better when it's a thousand degrees below zero and snowing like a *&%#@, which it will be come winter time. Also, there have been a few stormy/rainy days where I haven't been able to stomach walking for 40 minutes in it. Also, all the equipment is brand new, and top of the line, which is cool.

I just got back from my "fitness assessment" including an impedemence (sp?) body fat test (there were stick on electrodes. . .cool!) I have somewhere between 22-26 percentage body fat. Bleeaaaarrrrgh! I was hoping it was lower than around 24%. Although, it does beat the time I tested at 43% (before I started losing weight).

My cardiovascular fitness test came up in the "very good" (but not excellent, which is reserved for those darn olympian-types. . .) category, as did my flexibility. I'm pretty pumped up!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Ah I was looking for this!

Still junk food free!! Yay!
    I went for a bike ride today, only burned (according to the site) 119cals, but I know I must burn more because Im pulling the wagon, but ah well. I really hope the cougar get taken care of so I can start biking at night again.

Also I am getting the "turbo jam" work out vids, I hope to start doing that.
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    Good Morning..well afternoon now.

Today I didn't go to the gym but I did walk 2 miles with 6 kids and a double stroller.
    My eating has been good..now to figure out whats for dinner and how many calories that is.

All of the kids are gone now..early day..

I will be back in the gym in the morning..
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    So, my gazelle workout last night turned into a power surge rather than long & slow. I only did 20 min, but with maximal effort intervals.

Today I took my son on his last play-date with his two friends who are moving this weekend. You should have seen the looks I got lugging around a 1,2 & 3 year old :laugh: I'm sure I got way more credit than I deserve!!!!! All I know is that I'm exhausted from it. :ohwell:

I am right around 2,000 cal for the entire day and haven't worked out yet. I just ate a big slice of watermelon (will definitely be eating more later) and half a bag of baked lays. Better than the pan of brownies I used to eat this time of the month! :tongue:

My best accomplishment of the week thus far is that I'm getting to bed by 11:30 every night. For those who know me, I'm easily a 1 or 2am girl who gets very little quality sleep. I am hoping after a week of this I might start feeling & sleeping better. (and maybe some impact on my weight????)

Keep up the great work!
    :flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I"ve spent the last two days working at the Town Clerk's office doing data entry so it meant alot of sitting. But at lunch I walked to the store and back for a salad. Tonight I managed to get in 40 minutes of hoeing out weeds in the garden. Planted some more green beans.

Tomorrow I have to busdrive a field trip but I can walk while they are doing the tour. It's an all day adventure. I will get to have part of Friday to myself but still more bus driving.

Going back to the doctor, since the pt person said they had done all they could and I still have back pain at the end of the day. They said to try an osteopath or chiropractor. What a bummer.

goals for this challenge.
    walk everyday
    get all my waters (8)
    getting beginner yoga started. Or do toning routine
    reduce red meat intake, substituting ground turkey.

That's as much as I can concetrate on for goals and yoga can't start till I see the doctor. Welcome to all the new ladies. Hope I can lose the last little bit.