Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Adding fiber category to food diary

mlallredmlallred Posts: 12Member Member Posts: 12Member Member
In addition to displaying the calories, fat, etc. for each food on the food diary, it would be great to add a fiber category as well.

Replies

• mlallredmlallred Posts: 12Member Member Posts: 12Member Member
    In addition to displaying the calories, fat, etc. for each food on the food diary, it would be great to add a fiber category as well.
  • lisa1taborlisa1tabor Posts: 1Member Posts: 1Member
    I agree...this is one area that the majority of Americans need to improve upon, and I know I'm always striving to meet the daily recommended amount, so tracking this WOULD be very helpful.

great idea!!
  • MikeMike Posts: 824Member Member Posts: 824Member Member
    You can switch what nutrients you track by clicking on the "Food" tab, then clicking on "Settings". On that page, as an example you could swap "Protein" with "Fiber" and have fiber tracked in your diary.

Is that helpful, or do you want to track all of the current nutrients we track (Calories, Carbs, Fat, and Protein) AND also track Fiber?
  • kesl57kesl57 Posts: 7Member Posts: 7Member
    This site is great and has some great options. It would be nice if you could have more that the 3 categories to track nutrients - carbs, fat and protein are the basics, but I also monitor fibre, sodium and potassium (blood pressure is something I'm watching). Right now I'm just resetting to check on these and then setting it back. Maybe have a 'default' setting and an optional setting for the 3 categories, so switching is just a matter of a single click. That would be nice. There is always the danger that adding more categories would just make the food diary page too cluttered and harder to follow.
    Thanks again.
  • mlallredmlallred Posts: 12Member Member Posts: 12Member Member
    Thanks for the info on changing settings. I didn't know that was an option. To add to the customized feel, maybe you could increase the amount of nutrients people are tracking up to five, and let them choose which ones they want to track (including calories).
  • MikeMike Posts: 824Member Member Posts: 824Member Member
    OK thanks for the input guys. I'll see what I can do!