Friends for petite/small framed women!

Replies

• ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Yay for fellow "shorties". I'm 5'1, originally 98 but currently in my gaining phase. (hopefully mostly muscle, not fat :laugh:)

As for clothes shopping, it is literally a pain to go shopping now. All department store and women's jeans need a belt to stay up, and I'd rather not shop in in the Junior's section, though it would be more practical (and economical). Hey, I did buy a pair of sandal's in the girls section the other day though.
  • Slasky75
    Slasky75 Posts: 3 Member
    I am sure you were being facetious about your comment., but... if there were a forum about an African-American or Jewish or Italian or Greek woman who wanted to find friends because she was going through specific cultural issues relating to holiday foods and family pressures about eating them, it wouldn't be because of something negative, but a shared issue that requires motivation and understanding from a similar perspective. :)
    At 38, I am currently the heaviest I have ever been at 131 lbs. For me, at 5'1" - this is something that many others (taller, heavier, older) can't see because I am muscular. But, for me... it is a struggle to get to my goal size.
    I'd rather not be laughed at because I am smaller and in shape, yet still want to lose fat and tone up. Having other "friends" going through that same issue may inspire me instead of choosing to leave the boot camp I'm doing because the ones who don;t think I should be there are upset that I am.
    It's like the Head and Shoulders commercial... "But you don;t have dandruff?" "Exactly!" "
    But you don;t need to lose weight?!?" "BECAUSE I AM WORKING OUT AT THIS BOOT CAMP AND EATING RIGHT!!!" :)
  • Slasky75
    Slasky75 Posts: 3 Member
    I love how on this site it's perfectly acceptable to *kitten* the quality of friends based on height and weight.
    Right now Im only accepting black friends with green eyes. You are lucky you made it in while you did missy!
    I am sure you were being facetious about your comment., but... if there were a forum about an African-American or Jewish or Italian or Greek woman who wanted to find friends because she was going through specific cultural issues relating to holiday foods and family pressures about eating them, it wouldn't be because of something negative, but a shared issue that requires motivation and understanding from a similar perspective. :)
    At 38, I am currently the heaviest I have ever been at 131 lbs. For me, at 5'1" - this is something that many others (taller, heavier, older) can't see because I am muscular. But, for me... it is a struggle to get to my goal size.
    I'd rather not be laughed at because I am smaller and in shape, yet still want to lose fat and tone up. Having other "friends" going through that same issue may inspire me instead of choosing to leave the boot camp I'm doing because the ones who don;t think I should be there are upset that I am.
    It's like the Head and Shoulders commercial... "But you don;t have dandruff?" "Exactly!" "
    But you don;t need to lose weight?!?" "BECAUSE I AM WORKING OUT AT THIS BOOT CAMP AND EATING RIGHT!!!" :)
  • Cara2628
    Cara2628 Posts: 64 Member
    Hi, my name is Cara. I am about to be 19 years old and am 5'3 and currently 112 lbs :) I started at 143 lbs and am looking to lose the last 3 -5 pounds or so. Feel free to add me because my news feed is very dry!! :)
  • 18 yrs old, 5'0", starting weight (before MFP) was 133, short-term goal is 120, ultimately I want to be at 110 by the end of the year. Add me if you want!
  • princesspea234
    princesspea234 Posts: 182 Member
    I love how on this site it's perfectly acceptable to *kitten* the quality of friends based on height and weight.

That's right... I'm a heightist.... ha. I just know that different people require different calorie intakes/exercise needs. My husband is 6'3" and eats a TON. He has a BMI of 18.5. He's super thin and active....However, if I were to eat the same amount of food as him, I would probably weigh more than I would like.

Also, being small framed, an extra 15 pounds looks a lot different on me than it would on someone taller with a more athletic build. If I gain 5 pounds, it's super obvious. I just want to be healthy and....oh the vanity!..... look good in a bikini. It's helpful to have friends with the same caloric needs and weight loss goals.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Hello ladies,

I'm 5'2" and small, I've been maintaining at 107-108 for over a year now. 36 y/o. Started in 2011 to get rid of the last few stubborn pounds of baby weight. I can definitely relate to the challenges of trying to slim down when you aren't overweight to begin with. Feel free to add me.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Short, small ladies, UNITE! Dieting phase 1, finished. Lost 16 pounds, 11.97% of body weight in four months. Not impressive? If I were a 300 pound person, i would have lost 36 pounds, which sounds more impressive. : ) We can only knock 300 calories a day off maintenance rather than the typical 500 to lose a pound a week like most non-lifting people, so progress is SLOWER.

5'3", into the "recomposition" phase, which may mean losing weight or gaining weight, eating less, or eating more! I'm following HayBaler's excel sheet in combination with MFP right now, reducing his number by 200 so that I have to work out to get the full TDEE each day, otherwise, I'd be at maintenance. Now, I can lose about .15 per week, I think. LOL

Trying to get BF down, Increased protein macros, eating lean protein, whole wheat (need to work on veggies again). Started some progressive lifting with household items (made sandbags and use all the barbells we have).

I don't want to be skinny, I want to be "fit". Working on it while playing taxi driver to three teens.
  • ptammyw
    ptammyw Posts: 27 Member
    I'm 5'2", 130 lbs, hope to be 110. I tried to limit calories to 1200 but I exercise a LOT (mostly for my mental health, to release stress) so I needed to up the calories. I would love some petite support, as I'm finding hard to stay motivated (especially when my daily evening cravings kick in.)
  • veryhappyfeet
    veryhappyfeet Posts: 7 Member
    me too! 5"4, at 107 pounds. Not thinking of losing anymore weight. Past my goal weight of 110 pounds. Just wanna maintain :)
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Im 4ft 10in with a medium frame and I wieghed 150.5 ?Jan 1st 2013,current wieght 125.5 so about your wieght my ultimate goal wieght 110/105 just like you how funny. Im 29 and my wieght is from my daughters mostly they are a whole 19 months apart, age 14 months and 33 months currently.Want to be friends?
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    I'm just under 5'1". When I started MFP in March i was 114. Now 103. Need to figure out maintenance. My weight has yo-yo'd since college. Was very low first semester of college. then after college got up to 154. Then, for many years was in the 105-115lb range. Feel best between 100 and 105.

Need to figure out maintenance. Would like to friend other petite women.

Laurie
  • MachaDesu
    MachaDesu Posts: 12
    Hey all. I'm 5'0". and hovering at about 130. I'm hoping to get down to around 100 or 105. Feel free to add me.
  • Fjcookie
    Fjcookie Posts: 48
    26 yrs. 4"10" 112 lbs... just looking not to gain anymore weight. I have been gaining since October when I was about 104 lbs.
  • peasgarden
    peasgarden Posts: 148 Member
    im 5'2!! :) Petite i feel super at 112 :), im currently at 118!
  • xxTracey
    xxTracey Posts: 85 Member
    I'm a tiny 5ft, trying to lose 10lbs! All my friends and my boyfriend are so slim its hard to stay on track when they can all eat what they want haha! xx
  • amyziegler6
    amyziegler6 Posts: 18 Member
    Hey other shorties! :) I'm 5'1 and I would love to be back at 105-108lbs, because I have been doing a little too much snacking lately and I'm at 112lbs now. Gotta stay strong and fight the urges!
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    I'm 5'2", currently 59kg, want to get down to around 50kg and then reevaluate as I get closer whether I should be a higher or lower weight or simply just tone up.

I want to be able to eat more than 1200-1300 calories per day too so I'm trying to start exercising more. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • Hi there - Just joined MFP. I'm 5' 2", small framed, pear shaped at 112lbs. Working hard to eat healthy things, be very active and try to get back to about 100lbs where I feel best.
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    4ft 11
    Bottom heavy
    Always gain weight
    In the hips bum and thighs