Blue & Green Loft!

adancer59
adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
I hope you enjoy getting to know your new teammates! Good luck everyone!

Replies

• 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Greetings former Blue and Green team members and thanks to adancer59 for setting this up.
    I must admit to not doing particularly well on this weeks challenges but I hope to post a good loss and i will try to be supportive of this new group.
    Please feel free to add me, I've got a way to go and look forward to getting there!
  • adancer59
    Would anyone on this team be willing to step up as a captain or co-captain?
  • BadAtitude
    BadAtitude Posts: 167 Member
    Yeah, really looking forward to this team. I don't mind being captain if that's okay with everyone else??

*REMEMBER*
    Communication is key to succeeding as a group. Support & motivate your teammates frequently (we all thrive on praise, feedback and acknowledgment)
    :love:
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 15,998 Member
    Hi everyone!
    It is great that we are again a good-sized team, I am looking forward to get to know the former blue team members better!

So, just a few things about myself: My name is Mia, I am freom Austria. I have been active on MFP for about one year, and lost already about 28 lbs, but in the last two months I stopped losing weight and just went up and down one or two lbs over and over again :-(
    So I try to stay on treack (although it is really frustrating, and then I start thinking that it doesn't matter if I eat this or not, because I am not going to lose anyway - you can imagine!) and being part of the challenge helps a lot. Some time I will start losing again... I just hope it is soon! ;-)

BadAtitude - thanks for stepping up as captain! If you need help in any way, just tell us!

Hope you all have a great Sunday!
  • Maalea
    Ups - just realized I made a typo - not 28 but 18 lbs lost so far... I wish it was 28! :-)

This weeks challenge:
    1. 4/7 days of exercise = 1 lbs advantage
    2. 1 session of something new = 1 lbs advantage
    3. 10 minutes of arms, legs, abs, or booty workout, 1 day for each body area focus = 1 lbs advantage
    4. 5/7 days with at least 5 colors of food = 1 lbs advantage
    5. Recipe = 1 lbs for everyone who posts, extra 1 lbs for best recipe

With the food challenge - at least 5 colors each day - now after the first day I realized it is not so easy as I thought. Today I ate something brown (bread), green (salad, cucmber), red (tomato), yellow (potato, cheese) and white (onion, cream cheese) - okay, these are 5 colors, so it is enough, but I am glad we don't have to eat 6 because at the moment I couldn't think of another one.
    What are your food colors today? I am glad to get some ideas!
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    hi blue and green team :)
    My name is Donna. I look forward to doing this challenge together and will write more about myself later when I have time. Where do we post the weigh-in or do we just add it to the spreadsheet?
  • adancer59
    hi blue and green team :)
    My name is Donna. I look forward to doing this challenge together and will write more about myself later when I have time. Where do we post the weigh-in or do we just add it to the spreadsheet?

You can add it to the spreadsheet yourself, message me, or message your team captain BadAtitude :)
  • ald031
    ald031 Posts: 11 Member
    Hello everyone. Nice to see the new captain change. I was not getting any response from our old one and I'm sure bad attitude will do great! Really looking forward to this weeks challenge. I really needed some incentives to add some more fruits and veggies to my diet. Good luck everyone!
  • PerlaRubi2013
    PerlaRubi2013 Posts: 110 Member
    Hello everybody my name is Perla! I have been on MFP for 4 months and I had lost 34 pounds well it 33.4 since I gained .6 yesterday due to stupid TOM! :( but oh well I know I'll get a good loss next week! ;)
  • BadAtitude
    Salads, stir-frys and pastas are easy ways to incorporate multi-colored foods in any meal. I add red, green and yellow peppers, cherry tomatos, onions, radishes, spinach, mushrooms and cheese to any of these dishes. Sometimes all of them, like my spinach and chicken salad today and used a yummy low cal dijon yogurt dressing:happy:

It's probably easiest for everyone to update the spreadsheet themselves but continue to log in and tell us what your up to and hows the week going. I can already tell this is going to be a much more active group, really looking forward to getting to know all of you.

We might need a short form team name...any suggestions?

Lets go B-G's!!
  • Maalea
    Good morning!

BadAtitude - good suggestions for cooking!

As a short name - I think BG's sounds good, but I am not very creative, so maybe someone will come up with another idea.

I too think that we should log in and report our progress often - I have found that I stay on track better if I write down every day what I have done, and the occasional kick in the butt from others is very helpful, too! ;-)

So, here is my week so far:
    Yesterday I started the 30 Day Shred. I have tried it last year, but stopped sometimes during level 2. This year I am determined to finish it. Well, the first session wiped me out, afterwards I more or less crawled into the bathroom. But it will get better soon!
    Good thing is that it covers also the arms, legs and booty workout for this week. For the abs I am not sure if the exercises sum up to 10 minutes, I am going to do some additional exercises one day.

1. 4/7 days of exercise = 2/4 (30DS, biking)
    2. 1 session of something new = done (30DS)
    3. 10 minutes of arms, legs, abs, or booty workout, 1 day for each body area focus = arms done due to 30DS
    4. 5/7 days with at least 5 colors of food = 1/5
    5. Recipe = not yet
  • Maalea
    Just a short summary of yesterday:

1. 4/7 days of exercise = 2/4 (30DS, biking)
    3. 10 minutes of arms, legs, abs, or booty workout, 1 day for each body area focus = arms, legs done due to 30DS
    4. 5/7 days with at least 5 colors of food = 2/5
    5. Recipe = not yet

How is your week going?
  • adancer59
    Share your challenge ideas at the following link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/996673-challenge-ideas
  • Maalea
    Didn't so good on the different colors today...

1. 4/7 days of exercise = 3/4 (30DS, biking, walking)
    3. 10 minutes of arms, legs, abs, or booty workout, 1 day for each body area focus = arms, legs done due to 30DS
    4. 5/7 days with at least 5 colors of food = 2/5
    5. Recipe = not yet

Where are you all? how are you doing?
  • BadAtitude
    It's been a good week so far for me.

4/7 days of 60 minutes exercise
    4/7 days 5 colours food...posting pic tomorrow :smile:
    4/7 days of arms, legs, booty and abs (thanks to another challenge group I'm in)
    Something new......not yet

Wow typing it all is like a challenge in itself....lol.

Hope everyone is staying on target, I know it's hard to keep focused by the end of the week but you are almost there and you can do it!!!
  • BadAtitude
    okay, I finally posted my recipe....let's see if we can get our whole team posting a recipe, it's an easy 1 lb advantage for each of us :wink:
  • Maalea
    1. 4/7 days of exercise = done (30DS, biking, walking)
    3. 10 minutes of arms, legs, abs, or booty workout, 1 day for each body area focus = done
    4. 5/7 days with at least 5 colors of food = 4/5
    5. Recipe = not yet

Still no recipe - I am glad we have until sunday :-)

I was slacking the last two days, I did my workouts, but didn't log my food, and was certainly over my calorie goal :-(
    Today I booked my vacation in July, I will go trekking for two week - this should give me a great incentive to do better!
  • Maalea
    I just posted my recipe :-)

1. 4/7 days of exercise = done (30DS, biking, walking, pilates)
    3. 10 minutes of arms, legs, abs, or booty workout, 1 day for each body area focus = done
    4. 5/7 days with at least 5 colors of food = done
    5. Recipe = done

I have a feeling that I am going to need all the advantage lbs I can get...
  • adancer59