Started Induction today and Proud of Myself

Calif_Girl67
Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
Hey there,

I started Induction today and I am so proud of myself, i had no idea I had it in me to eat this low of Carbs,
I have mine set to like 60g and I am going to be right at 20g for the day. I hope I can do this everyday like this.
I don't even feel hungry.

1 Question though,
Why are we not suppose to eat nuts ? I would think that would be a good thing to eat. Also can we use Egg beaters ?
I have to watch my cholesterol intake and can't eat reg eggs everyday. And what about protein powder and smoothies, are we allowed these with Coconut milk?

Thanks

Replies

• codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    I would hold off on the protein powder and coconut milk until after induction. Egg beaters are fine, I've used them in induction. Also, in the book it says that nuts are not okay on induction but the main reason is that it starts a craving in many people (myself included) and they can be hard to stop eating once you start. I find this to be especially true with almonds and peanut butter! Macadamia nuts on the other hand I don't have a problem with. I have heard other people say they lose fine eating macadamia nuts, too. If you don't think you will have a problem binging on nuts, then I think they would be fine.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    I've had egg protein powder and whey on induction, with unsweetened almond milk, which wasn't a problem. I also eat mac nuts because the fat actually helps rather than hinder, but some ppl may overdo it. If you do consume the egg or whey be sure that it is sweetened with stevia and free from antibiotics, hormones and BSE. There are many brands to choose from.
  • Calif_Girl67
    I usually buy 100 cal packs of Almonds and I have no problem with eating just 1 or 2 packs of them, its better then sweets
    in my opinion. Still trying to find other things to eat that are also not too high in sodium.
  • CoCoMa
    Have you tried uncured meats? I buy the Applegate brand (hot dogs, bacon, deli meats) I snack on lettuce wraps with roast beef slices, you can fill with LC veggies and/or cream cheese. Cucumber slices and radishes are another favorite of mine.
    Be sure to drink your water!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    I just restarted induction myself. I am on track for 20 g today!!!!! Praying I can keep it up and see a loss!!!!
  • Calif_Girl67
    Well today is day 3 of Induction and I can't get over how easy it is, more so then i thought it was. I am already down 0.4 since starting so i am not complaining :)
  • CoCoMa
    Well today is day 3 of Induction and I can't get over how easy it is, more so then i thought it was. I am already down 0.4 since starting so i am not complaining :)

Awesome, WTG!!
  • Calif_Girl67
    Day 4 on Induction and I know its not allowed but I ate Watermelon, Just couldn't help myself so im trying to eat non carb food the rest of the day
  • Calif_Girl67
    Day 4 on Induction and I know its not allowed but I ate Watermelon, Just couldn't help myself so im trying to eat non carb food the rest of the day

Today was a complete blowout/bust :( Back at it tomorrow....
  • CoCoMa
    Sounds like you had a Paleo day. My hubby eats that way and just loves it. Just get back on the wagon, no worries.