help in green bay

hello everyone,

need all kinds of help/ night shift /day shift worker. need food ideas/not a big fish or cheese fan.

motiviation is there mentally, need to get the physical push going. any advice welcome, (other than giving up one of the jobs, not possible for at least another 16 months)

send help

Terry in green bay

Replies

• terryd
    terryd Posts: 2
    hello everyone,

need all kinds of help/ night shift /day shift worker. need food ideas/not a big fish or cheese fan.

motiviation is there mentally, need to get the physical push going. any advice welcome, (other than giving up one of the jobs, not possible for at least another 16 months)

send help

Terry in green bay
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    So do you need to pack food to take with you?

If so, you can make sandwiches with chicken / turkey on ww bread. Add whatever condiments you like....mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato, etc....

You can cut up fruit and take a fruit salad..........cantaloupe, watermelon, kiwi, strawberries, grapes, peaches, bananas, etc....

Canned tuna mixed with canned veges......or just the veges if you don't like tuna fish either.

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for. I take a thermal bag with an ice pack to work with me. I take sandwiches, fruit, cottage cheese, yogurt, cereal, cereal bars.....things of that nature for snacks and lunches.

Hope this helps a little.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    With summer, I like more salads then usual, I still keep progresso soups on hand as well as Fit&Active soups to zap in microwave. They are 100 cal. a cup or 200 for the whole can , ready to serve. When I worked I would fix my foods at home and used thermoses The ones with the wide mouth for soups or even left overs and those small coolers for my cold drinks and foods not to spoil. And of course fruit , fresh or canned . I hope this helped some. :flowerforyou:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Tuna pouches are easy and no mess you can get chicken too
    Bananas/apples/oranges
    Granola for snacks (preportioned!!)
    Yogurt - dunno if you don't like this not a cheese persay...

Canned soup if you can heat it up is usually low in calories but high in salt so watch that
    Make a turkey/chicken wrap with loads of lettuce shredded carrots and cabbage

carrot/celery/pepper/broccoli cut up for snacks
    Good Luck!