Looking for Buddy

Hello there, i am a 30 year old female looking for a fitness budy, i am starting on Monday God Willing, i am currently 300lbs, my ultimate goal weight would be 145lbs.
I will be starting walking 5 miles a day, 5 times a week. Ideally I would be looking for someone who would be willing to email everyday to check on me and vice versa.
I will be mostly doing fitness dvds (leslie sansone, debbie rocker, etc...) to start.
Let me know if any of you is interested.
Cheers!

Replies

• lcgr13
    lcgr13 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi, I could be your buddy.

I really need someone to hold me accountable to logging my food every day! I have used MFP on and off for about nine months. It is extremely helpful, but only when I actually input all my food and exercise!

My weight loss goal is more modest -- just 5 or 10 pounds -- but many of the challenges are the same.... breaking old habits and instituting new ones.

Want to give it a try for a couple of days?

Cheers,
    Laura
  • Trixxie90
    Trixxie90 Posts: 32 Member
    I could be your buddy if you wanted. 31 y/o currently at 261 *down to 258 as of today tho!!
  • trishd6
    trishd6 Posts: 20
    I have been with MFP for 20 days now. I have logged EVERY day since I started. What will help you is to have many buddies on this site for not only people to hold you accountable but for support and motiviation. I think it is key to success!! We are all in this together. Feel free to add me as a friend and I will support you! :-)

In the 20 days I have been here with MFP, I have lost 7 pounds. I am very happy so far with my progress...slow and steady!! I have a total of 73 pounds to lose (well 66 now)
  • lowcarbeve
    lowcarbeve Posts: 3
    Hi guys, nice to meet you all, i am adding you, and will PM each of you to see how you would like to proceed!
    Cheers!
  • lowcarbeve
    lowcarbeve Posts: 3
    Hi Guys, i have quite busy the last few days, but wanted to update you about my diet, I have decided to eat a high protein diet, mostly fish, baked or grilled with steamed veggies, i call it the Dukan Light, As much as I love meat, I could never just eat that all day everyday for weeks on end. Mama needs some greenery in there! I will be logging tomorrow how many miles i do, my goal is do a marathon wach week, so that about a 5 miles walk everyday. Or 1 hr walking with a leslie sansone dvd.
  • ThisKarenGal
    ThisKarenGal Posts: 3 Member
    Hi! I started out at 300lbs as well. I've lost 15lbs so far and want to get below 150 - so our goals are pretty similar. Right now I'm more focused on diet than exercise. That will be coming soon! Add me!
  • sneebuck
    sneebuck Posts: 30
    i love the fact you say god willing i use this term often...Jesus is lord :) well i hope you can smash your weight goals wish you the best.