Hello from hot and sunny Alabama

Well, I've been on here for about two weeks now, but this is my first time venturing into the forum.

I hate doing these introductions. What do you say? :smile:

I'm here because someone in my doctor's office recommended this site, I checked it out, and I like it, so I stayed.

I am diabetic, I have sleep apnea, joint troubles, not to mention that overall :sick: ick feeling of just being too too heavy. For two years no matter what I did I could not lose weight. :grumble: Nothing worked. Then someone shared some information with me. And I made a very life changing decision to do something about my weight.

I had Lap Band surgery on May 29, 2008. I weighed 267.2 the day of my surgery. My big goal right now is 150 pounds. I've reached my first mini-goal of 250, so my new mini-goal is 225.

Baby steps. I have just started introducing solid foods into my diet again, and I've done OK so far, I think. I haven't done anything crazy.

I know some people have lost way more than I have right off the bat, but i am Ok with my 21 pounds. My daily/weekly goals are to get exercise in at least three days a week and to lose at least one pound per week. I will be extremely happy with 1-2 pounds a week. Realistic. Granted, I'd really like to wake up tomorrow and be at goal, but I'd also like to win the lottery.....

So... there you have it.

Hi. :happy:

Replies

• bamabelle
    bamabelle Posts: 14
    Well, I've been on here for about two weeks now, but this is my first time venturing into the forum.

I hate doing these introductions. What do you say? :smile:

I'm here because someone in my doctor's office recommended this site, I checked it out, and I like it, so I stayed.

I am diabetic, I have sleep apnea, joint troubles, not to mention that overall :sick: ick feeling of just being too too heavy. For two years no matter what I did I could not lose weight. :grumble: Nothing worked. Then someone shared some information with me. And I made a very life changing decision to do something about my weight.

I had Lap Band surgery on May 29, 2008. I weighed 267.2 the day of my surgery. My big goal right now is 150 pounds. I've reached my first mini-goal of 250, so my new mini-goal is 225.

Baby steps. I have just started introducing solid foods into my diet again, and I've done OK so far, I think. I haven't done anything crazy.

I know some people have lost way more than I have right off the bat, but i am Ok with my 21 pounds. My daily/weekly goals are to get exercise in at least three days a week and to lose at least one pound per week. I will be extremely happy with 1-2 pounds a week. Realistic. Granted, I'd really like to wake up tomorrow and be at goal, but I'd also like to win the lottery.....

So... there you have it.

Hi. :happy:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome! And happy Friday!!
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Welcome !!!!!!! :smile: :drinker:
  • jacihardy
    jacihardy Posts: 15
    Good for you. You sound like you have the right attitude. Baby steps. I need to remember that myself. Good luck.
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Welcome to you :flowerforyou:

This is how I look at the mountain, if I lose 2lbs a week in 6 mo that's 52lbs and 1 year is 104lbs it helps keep things more real to me. I have just completed 24 weeks as of last Monday and I'm a little ahead of schedule. :wink:

I love this site. It is sooo user friendly!

Wishing you great success, you can do it. :drinker:

24167.png
  • Gabbi
    Gabbi Posts: 206 Member
    Hi there. Wow i'm impressed. This is the hardest step, the first step. I'll be here rooting for u. Lots & lots of luck. Baby steps, wow.
  • lassgirl
    lassgirl Posts: 22
    Yay for the Alabama girls! I'm one too. Welcome!