XBOX 360

Anyone use the xbox to work out? I have my shape fitness evolved 2012, Zumba Rush and Just Dance 4 ... Havent really started either one, but interested to see if anyone would wanna compete/be friends for motivation!

Replies

• sarajayne32
    sarajayne32 Posts: 6 Member
    Anyone?
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Cant wrap my mind around that... for me my X is for FPS :tongue:
    Otherwise I go walk my dog or do some bicycle... that reminds me.. I need a new seat if I want to ride more... ouch!
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    I played Shape last year a lot and it worked wonders! Not to mention it was fun! Unfortunately, my xbox broke so I can't play anymore :(
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    I use it! I use it with the same fitness games although my zumba is the original not the rush. I do want to get th Rush and the Core versions though since I love the original so much! It's definitely fun and lets you do your thing without feeling 'watched'.

There are so many fitness games it is absolutely crazy! I also play a lot of kinect games that are more interative than you'd think, like rise of nightmares. You have to run, slash, kick, grab , punch... pretty much everything in that game while fending yourself against zombies.
  • nicheven
    nicheven Posts: 77 Member
    I have your shape (which I have done 3/4 weeks of the weightloss progam in) and nike (which I haven't yet touched) and between it and MFP/Fitbit, I have lost just shy of 8lbs this month. I love them!
  • pinkpatron
    pinkpatron Posts: 154
    I play Xbox frequently but never looked into the Zumba for it...... hmmmmmm I'm going to check it out.
  • I have YS12 and Zumba for Wii which I don't think tracks it as well as the kinect.
    Edit to correct 12 NOT 13 version of Your Shape Fitness.
  • keyariloses
    keyariloses Posts: 74 Member
    I still use my dance central games occasionally. You can add me if youd like on live: Bosslady8849
  • 61keys
    61keys Posts: 20 Member
    I use the Nike fitness training - it came with the kid's Xbox. They call him "Mommy's mean trainer". LOL! I like it. It is a good workout. I have only just recently been able to finish a session.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    I used the nike+ quite a bit during the winter but now that it is warm out I use it on rainy days I cannot run.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    I use my shape fitness evolved, just not the newest one as the older one was cheaper. I use it sporadically as I would rather run but will use it occasionally when I'm not running or lifting.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    I hope to upgrade to the Xbox One with Kinect this winter....I love the idea.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    :laugh: I love finding other girls that play FPS games. I suck at them, but love them still. I just bought my Xbox around the time COD: BO2 was fairly new, and it's the only game I own so far. I borrow my bf's games when I want to play something else. lol
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    I work out my thumbs playing Halo with my hubby. (: Haha!

But seriously, I didn't even know that the 360 had these games available. All I ever hear about is WiiFit, and we don't have that either (no money right now to be spending on new video games.) I think "Xbox 360" and I think of Fable, Halo, Soul Calibur, not exercising.

Is there a major difference though between playing a "work out" video game and just doing a work out DVD? I just do the 30 Day Shred, but my husband and I love video games.
  • Tbias78
    Tbias78 Posts: 120 Member

There are so many fitness games it is absolutely crazy! I also play a lot of kinect games that are more interative than you'd think, like rise of nightmares. You have to run, slash, kick, grab , punch... pretty much everything in that game while fending yourself against zombies.

I'm gonna have to check this game out!! Sounds fun!
  • I use my XBOX for FPS and for fitness. I am currently in the process of moving and it is packed but I use MSF and love it. I really want to get the new NIKE one.
    Any of you gamers want to play inbox me your gamertag! :)
  • Carameldlux
    Carameldlux Posts: 39 Member
    I luv using my X-box(well the kids) too work out. I have the 360 with Kinect & have the original Zumba which I use as part of my workout regime. I do use the Wii as well:)
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    :laugh: I love finding other girls that play FPS games. I suck at them, but love them still. I just bought my Xbox around the time COD: BO2 was fairly new, and it's the only game I own so far. I borrow my bf's games when I want to play something else. lol

Even though I like AC, and all the Tom Clancy's, I always end up on my all time favorite as well: Rsix... been playing since Black Arrow!
    OUH! Feel like playing now!