Question for the girls..

124»

Replies

• I crave chocolate for about 9 days.

I usually just have a little piece, very rarely will I binge on it. I typically don't crave anything else.

I would kill for Ghirardelli triple chocolate chunk brownies though :) Yum...
  • ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    Do you girls feel a need to eat junk when your on your period?? Whenever I get mine I have a day where I eat pizza/cookies chips and then the rest of the time im eating healthy chicken , oatmeal , cucumbers , fruit etc...
    Just wondering if im the only one

Yes, ofcourse. =)
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Nope. I don't ever really get the craving fro junk food. I sometimes crave huge amounts of food, but usually bread or cheese or meat.
  • no you are not the only one and I'm on my now and I'm craving junk foods too. It sucks having your period and trying to lose weight and keep track of calories... When were on our period we're already moody and seeing that were going over our calorie count SUCKS!! I understand and feel your pain just try to stay motivated only once a month we'll feel dicouraged fight through it.!
  • ElizaJay143
    ElizaJay143 Posts: 52 Member
    Definitely not alone!

I usually go through a cycle where I'm not hungry for 2-3 days, then all of a sudden I'm RAVENOUS and have absolutely NO self control! I've learned that on those days, it's best to not have any junk food around, otherwise I can't contain it, I'll just eat and eat, but if it's healthy food, I'll still go over my daily target, but not as bad, and I don't feel terrible about it because it's healthy options.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Metabolism kicks up a bit during cycle so naturally I crave more food (especially iron rich foods like dark chocolate.)
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    It doesn't have to be junk food for me. Just any food. Something that I can munch on. Non-stop! Healthy food is less satisfying than haribo or chocolate, but I'll still eat it. And toast, it's convenient, and it's always available!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    This time around it was for chimichangas. o: I pre-planned my day just so I could have an evening beef and bean chimichanga. They are so delicious.
  • Trixxie90
    Trixxie90 Posts: 32 Member
    My period is usually really heavy thank GOD it's only for 5 days! I always want junk food. Burgers, fries, i'm a SODA addict and I crave pop more these days. Chocolate, chips, gummies, you name it I'd probably devour it!
  • alpenpam
    alpenpam Posts: 27
    YES! For me though it is usually right when or after I ovulate so a couple of weeks before my period starts. It lasts about 3-4 days. That is also when I bloat up! :) Then a couple of days before my period, which is strange, I deflate, drop a couple of pounds in water/food and crave nothing.

Crazy thing is before kids, I never was like this! Or at least it was so minor I didn’t notice!

Dear alexis831, can I have your abs?
    And, to the topic: as soon as that time comes around, I start craving everything that's super greasy. Fast food, chips, melted cheese, more melted cheese... sigh
  • ninu13
    ninu13 Posts: 196 Member
    I Usually eat healthy and in control, except a week before my period. It doesnt have to be junk food, I just eat a lot of everythingt!.... :grumble:
  • SabrinaLC
    SabrinaLC Posts: 133 Member
    I go crazy for chocolate!
    I will eat a handful of chocolate chips or chunks every time I enter the kitchen.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Currently resisting the urge to stuff my face with marshmallows.......

I have to go to the grocery store after work. Really trying not to buy the ice cream, candy, chips, salsa con queso and tostitos, etc.....
    I WANTS it...... :ohwell:
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    I vary month to month for some reason. It's always extreme opposites. I either want really bad greasy foods, especially chocolate...and other months (like now) I barely ever want to eat and even forget to eat. It's so weird.
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Don't really want junk - but I want to eat all the time. Last time I was on I managed to stay relatively healthy but had to go over my calorie allowance by a few hundred each day because I was so hungry!