Hockey fans???

Replies

• Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Canadiens fan since childhood, Senator's fan by virtue of living in the city :) And Alfie is just fantastic. Too bad we didn't make it any further this year but there's always next year!!
  • I like hockey and cheer for all the Canadian teams, especially Ottawa, Vancouver, and the men's and women's Olympic hockey ensembles. I was even happy for the Leafs when they made it to the quarter-finals after ditching Brian Burke.

However I think NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman is a turd for letting so many lockouts happen so I started paying attention to minor league teams like the Vancouver Giants and the Everett Silvertips. At least they care enough about the fans to play full seasons.
  • Grew up watching hockey - my brother and dad even played for a bit when we lived in NY

PS - yes my team sucks but I stick by them - NEW YORK ISLES FOR LIFE!

Currently I live in CA and go to Ducks games often (arena is about 30 miles from my house). HATE the Kings with a passion too.

I also worked with my college hockey team as the team medical staff. IT really wasn't big in college though, not out here. Much more back east and midwest, but it was still fun, as I got to go to games for free since I was staff.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    How bout my Redwings?!?! Where are all those bandwagoning Blackhawks fans now!?
    eating their words?

tumblr_lj9q79QRmm1qfo577o1_500_thumb.png

I just hope we can end it tonight! As much as I want to be smug and cocky, it ain't over til it's over. Cmon Wings!!
    I've said all playoffs the longer this run goes, the better for our young kids, both for this year (duh) and for the future. They're picking up a ton of experience, poise and confidence! Hopefully they come out firing tonight!

And btw Wings fans? You should all read this. HILARIOUS in light of what's happened SINCE this article was written (after game 1)
    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-05-16/sports/ct-spt-0517-dan-mcneil-blackhawks-chicago-20130517_1_detroit-goaltender-jimmy-howard-justin-abdelkader-red-wings
    Great article. Even if they lose at this point, at least they didn't make it eat. Considering this Wings team came into the playoffs as 7th seeded and Chicago was 2nd....they've put up some speedbumps at least!
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    PENS!

Bring on the Bruins!!!!
  • KristiCee67
    KristiCee67 Posts: 71 Member
    Go Sharks! Beat LA tonight!!!!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    eating their words?

tumblr_lj9q79QRmm1qfo577o1_500_thumb.png

I just hope we can end it tonight! As much as I want to be smug and cocky, it ain't over til it's over. Cmon Wings!!
    I've said all playoffs the longer this run goes, the better for our young kids, both for this year (duh) and for the future. They're picking up a ton of experience, poise and confidence! Hopefully they come out firing tonight!

And btw Wings fans? You should all read this. HILARIOUS in light of what's happened SINCE this article was written (after game 1)
    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-05-16/sports/ct-spt-0517-dan-mcneil-blackhawks-chicago-20130517_1_detroit-goaltender-jimmy-howard-justin-abdelkader-red-wings
    Great article. Even if they lose at this point, at least they didn't make it eat. Considering this Wings team came into the playoffs as 7th seeded and Chicago was 2nd....they've put up some speedbumps at least!

Oh, I won't LOVE it if they lose tomorrow...(Ok, I'll admit I'll probably shed a few tears, break a few bones punching a wall or something)...I definitely love that they've fought. As fun as being the top dog is, I think this city needed a rag tag spunky fighting team to remind us that it's not just a given that we'll make the playoffs. And like I said before, it's a great thing for the Wings that they're getting all this experience this year, because some of these young kids are going to be phenomenal, and this playoff run, regardless of how much longer it goes on, will go a long way in helping their development, both as individual players and as a team. I can't wait to see what happens in the future!

GO WINGS GO!!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member

Not every Hawks fan is a bandwagon :-)
    I'm still standing strong by my team..win or lose!

Just most of them? lol! I have no problem with a healthy rivalry, healthy and actual true fans of other teams, especially other Orig 6 ones. The problem I have is demonstrated by the number of Hawks fans I saw at JLA last Thursday. Most couldn't name a Hawks player from prior to '10ish, and were complete a-holes. We saw THREE Chicago "fans" throw beers on Wings fans that hadn't said a word to them. Hockey's rough, I get it, but if you want to profess your true and undying love of a team dont be a douche, and actually learn their history.

Good luck to you guys, but hope your season doesn't last past tomorrow! :P
  • ktafr16
    ktafr16 Posts: 65 Member
    I am from Vermont so BRUINS all the way:-)
  • Total WINNIPEG JETS fan.....and then the Predators....cos of #6......;)
  • lstewart_3
    lstewart_3 Posts: 807 Member

Not every Hawks fan is a bandwagon :-)
    I'm still standing strong by my team..win or lose!

Just most of them? lol! I have no problem with a healthy rivalry, healthy and actual true fans of other teams, especially other Orig 6 ones. The problem I have is demonstrated by the number of Hawks fans I saw at JLA last Thursday. Most couldn't name a Hawks player from prior to '10ish, and were complete a-holes. We saw THREE Chicago "fans" throw beers on Wings fans that hadn't said a word to them. Hockey's rough, I get it, but if you want to profess your true and undying love of a team dont be a douche, and actually learn their history.

Good luck to you guys, but hope your season doesn't last past tomorrow! :P

THANK YOU!!!!
  • azztkk
    azztkk Posts: 26
    Kings fan here ... good luck tonight ....
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Penguins bro.

LETS GO PENS
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    FLYERS FAN!

Woooohooooo!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Trixxie90
    Trixxie90 Posts: 32 Member
    Go Av's Go!

Also ABC *anyone but canucks*
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    University of Minnesota Golden Gophers.

and the Wild.
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Please and thank you!!!
    Great game Detroit!

LET'S GO BLACKHAWKS!!!
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    SABRES
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Please and thank you!!!
    Great game Detroit!

LET'S GO BLACKHAWKS!!!
    At least they didn't make it easy..:laugh:

Great series...and the Blackhawks should really have gotten the regulation time goal...any OT win by the Wings would have probably felt like cheating.

.....maybe next year :huh:
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    I mostly follow college hockey... Go Badgers!

I follow a lot of former UW players in the NHL, so I'm a fan of a lot of different teams, Minnesota Wild (Heatley, Gilbert, and Dowell), San Jose Sharks (Burish and Pavelski), and Rangers (Stepan and McDonagh).. My favorite NHL team growing up was the Blackhawks, and I still follow them as well. Maybe someday Wisconsin will get an NHL team so I can have a hometown team to root for.