Hello from San Leon, Texas

:smile:

Hey all,

I've been a member since the beginning of the month and have really just had time now to totally check the place out and I love what I'm seeing!

I'm a referral from my friend, Cheryl, who's been quite an inspiration to me. She and her daughter have been really transforming and losing weight through making life changes and sticking to them!! How rare is that? LOL

I have been overweight most of the last ten years or so. Two years ago I lost 40 pounds and kept it off for 6 months and then somehow I stopped paying attention and one day it was back?? LOL How does that happen? I know the answer, I think that most of us do, but knowing and doing are surely two different things.

Anyway, one thing that I have learned about myself is that keeping a food journal is the best thing I can do for myself and myfitnesspal.com really makes that easy for me and that alone helps alot!!

Anyway, I look forward to being a more active member and getting some great tips from all of yal.

Coleen :)

68280.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• ColeenSanLeon
    ColeenSanLeon Posts: 53 Member
    :smile:

Hey all,

I've been a member since the beginning of the month and have really just had time now to totally check the place out and I love what I'm seeing!

I'm a referral from my friend, Cheryl, who's been quite an inspiration to me. She and her daughter have been really transforming and losing weight through making life changes and sticking to them!! How rare is that? LOL

I have been overweight most of the last ten years or so. Two years ago I lost 40 pounds and kept it off for 6 months and then somehow I stopped paying attention and one day it was back?? LOL How does that happen? I know the answer, I think that most of us do, but knowing and doing are surely two different things.

Anyway, one thing that I have learned about myself is that keeping a food journal is the best thing I can do for myself and myfitnesspal.com really makes that easy for me and that alone helps alot!!

Anyway, I look forward to being a more active member and getting some great tips from all of yal.

Coleen :)

68280.png
  • That weight is tricky when it sneaks up on ya', eh? :wink:

Welcome aboard. You'll find loads of inspiration and plenty of accountability for your exercise regime. Very nice people at this place who can empathize with your mission.
  • ColeenSanLeon
    Yeah baby!

Speaking of accountability, could someone shove me to the gym tomorrow? I was so faithful and then work was in the way for ten days, now I've been available to go since Monday and haven't made it yet.... why is it so hard to go back after a few days off??? Is it just a head thing or total laziness?

68280.png
  • Yeah baby!

Speaking of accountability, could someone shove me to the gym tomorrow? I was so faithful and then work was in the way for ten days, now I've been available to go since Monday and haven't made it yet.... why is it so hard to go back after a few days off??? Is it just a head thing or total laziness?

68280.png

Don't feel bad. I worked out all last week and have been a slug this week. Luckily, this site has provided that support of making healthy decisions. I did renew my gym membership just so I can start getting some mileage on the treadmill again. Sometimes when I find myself very lazy, I'll tell myself to only do half a set and then come home. Usually by the middle, I'm already pumped up and find myself finishing a vigorous routine. The mind games! :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • ColeenSanLeon
    I hear ya brother, it is the mind games!! I read your profile and saw your military goals. My son has a good book he got from his Army recruiter called the Pocket Physical Training Guide. I wonder if you could get one from a local recruiting office. You might like it :) He was not very impressed, but I like it. I carry it around and think about doing the exercises in it...LOL
  • Thank you for the advice. I definitely have one of those Pocket Guides and review it consistantly. As of late, my focus has been improving my running. I can run 2 miles at a decent pace with a 20lb vest without stopping but I feel I'm capable of much more. I don't disregard this landmark in my life because this is coming from a person who HATED running and only sprinted to my local McDonalds 5 years ago. :laugh:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Hi Coleen and Welcome from Iowa:flowerforyou: I have been on the roller coaster of lose and gain weight all my life. This is the best site ever for me to learn how to eat proper foods, and make it a life change. I am positive that this is going to get me off the roller coaster and not end up gaining it back. There are so many foods that I use to eat and pig out on that don't even interest me anymore. Good to have you with us:flowerforyou:
  • ColeenSanLeon
    Thanks AuntKaren for the wonderful welcoming words and encouragement!
  • ColeenSanLeon
    Thank you for the advice. I definitely have one of those Pocket Guides and review it consistantly. As of late, my focus has been improving my running. I can run 2 miles at a decent pace with a 20lb vest without stopping but I feel I'm capable of much more. I don't disregard this landmark in my life because this is coming from a person who HATED running and only sprinted to my local McDonalds 5 years ago. :laugh:

WoW! That's incredible! Way to go! Hey - at least you sprinted to McDonalds, I always drove thru!! I know exactly what you mean though. When I first joined the gym I had to really focus to make 15 minutes on the elliptical, I really would tell myself (sometimes even out loud), "no quitting, no quitting" for the last 5 or 6 minutes or I would have just walked away. It's not like anyone would have noticed!

I believe in celebrating every accomplishment!! (Just not with food!! or with good food right?!)