Any new moms (or dads) trying to lose the "baby weight"?

Replies

• AiabliamsMommy
    AiabliamsMommy Posts: 60 Member
    I'm a mom to a 13 month, 4 year, and 6 year old. I have done mfp in the past and lost 35 lbs. I was at my goal weight. After losing 35 lbs I immediately became pregnant with my 3rd child. Now, he is 13 months and I have 20 lbs to lose to get back to pre pregnancy weight (of course I gained 35lbs while pregnant). I am having a rough time with it. I would like to have some new mom friends! I am 5'6" 166.6 lbs and my goal is 145lbs. I was 148lbs when I got pregnant and it was great! I used mfp to reach that goal, so I'm trying it again!

I eat very little grains and limited dairy (breastfeeding my son who has a dairy intolerance). I mostly eat fruits, veggies, and meat. I was doing great with that for a while. I got down to 154 (8 lbs away from my pre pregnancy weight!), but then I slipped up and started eating chocolate and grains again in april. I gained 12 lbs that month:( I let go of my portion control and just didn't realize how much I was overeating. I'm ready to start again! I am trying to cut out grains for good, cut all dairy, cut processed sugar and processed foods, and cut all artifical sweetners/additives. I'm eating to lose weight and for health.

If anyone is on the same path as me, feel free to send me a message and add me!

We can do this mommas!
  • AiabliamsMommy
    AiabliamsMommy Posts: 60 Member
    opps! I was 6 lbs away from prepregnancy, not 8! how depressing!
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Hi! I'm from BC Canada, i just went back to work this month and my little guy was born in july. I started heavy, then got heavier. I was back to "prepregnancy" really fast, but i was still heavier than i wanted to be (why did i gain in ANTICIPATION of getting pregnant)

Since i started trying 90 days ago (50 lbs over my goal weight) I have lost 36 lbs! I'm actually rethinking my goal weight, since i don't feel even close to where i want to be

so here i am, add me if you want another mom friend.
  • TrishaCooper423
    TrishaCooper423 Posts: 41 Member
    Hey Mommas!! I am on the mission to lose the last few pounds from my 3 children also!!

I have lost all of my baby weight from my youngest, plus 10 lbs more. I am still trying to get down to what i was BEFORE i had the first one!

Feel free to add me!
  • T0FatToB3S1ck
    T0FatToB3S1ck Posts: 192 Member
    I gave birth 8 days ago but am already back to my pre-pregnancy weight (at least for this baby). I'm working on losing the weight I put on with my earlier pregnancies 0_o
  • I definitely need to--the baby weight plus more!! Currently 155, about 25 is still either baby weight or right before baby weight (gaining weight right before getting pregnant is not a good idea...). My goal is 130!
  • Ltmilli
    Ltmilli Posts: 2
    I will be... Had baby girl 04/12 & will be having baby boy this June! Pregnancy for two years in a row, I am motivated to get back in shape to keep up with these two little blessings. Plus being 36yrs old, I know it's even harder now for me to get off this weight.
  • NyeMye
    NyeMye Posts: 138 Member
    Hi moms...

I just had baby number two, and I'm on my way to getting off those last pounds. I want to get under my pre-pregnancy weight. I've been a member of MFP before, but I had to begin a new account, so I need some support. :) Maybe we can encourage one another. Add me. :)
  • rodeomc
    rodeomc Posts: 17 Member
    I am jumping on too. I had my 1st in October '12. I have about 50 lbs to go but have no motivation. I developed a blood clot after I had my little one so working out is not the easiest right now.
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    What are you guys doing for a workout? I don't have time or money for the gym, the best thing that I've found that works for me is a dvd during kid naps. I also try to hike a couple times a week when I can.
  • mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 245 Member
    I had a baby 2 weeks ago and I am aiming for a 25 pound weight loss...
  • keyariloses
    keyariloses Posts: 74 Member
    I had my daughter august 2012 and have lost all my prepregnancy weight but I still have about 60 pounds I want to lose! Feel free to add me as a friend anyone
  • Diyamommy
    Diyamommy Posts: 56
    I am a new mom too, my baby girl was born Sept 2012. I gained 47 pounds , just lost 22 , I started MFP and walking/jogging everyday. No weight loss. Glad to see other mommies in the same boat
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    I just had my 2nd daughter in March.
    Add me if you'd like. :)
  • malloryjanay
    malloryjanay Posts: 13 Member
    I'm also a new mom; my son was born April 8, 2013. I started my pregnancy at 135lbs (I'm 5'4") and was feeling good. However, I put on 52lbs during my pregnancy! Now at almost 8 weeks postpartum I'm down to 150lbs. My first goal is to get back to pre-pregnancy weight, but ultimately I would like to be 128lbs. Any other new moms that would like support, feel free to add me!
  • laurapgmartinez
    laurapgmartinez Posts: 46 Member
    I just had a baby in April and would love the support of others trying to drop the baby weight! I've really been struggling to get back into the swing of things! I am also breastfeeding, so I constantly feel hungry. Feel free to add me =)
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Me! I had a baby in January. I thankfully didn't gain any weight at all, in fact I was a few pounds lighter than my pre pregnancy weight.But....I had gained 40 pounds from the pregnancy before that.I'm so ready to lose this weight.I'm a shorty and it doesnt look good on me at all.
  • rabbit__food
    rabbit__food Posts: 163 Member
    Me! I had my son in March. I gained about 22 pounds with him. I've lost almost all of that, but still have more weight I want to lose. Add me if you'd like :)
  • nrcutie88
    nrcutie88 Posts: 7 Member
    My son is 21 months old now and I still haven't lost all of my baby weight... I'm currently 7 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight but would like to loose 12 or 15 lbs more total. I hope I'll have better luck now that he's weened and I'm not worrying about keeping up a milk supply. I just feel so unmotivated sometimes... These last 5 to 7 pounds to get back to pre-pregnancy weight have had me stuck for over six months!! How do some women loose it all so fast?
  • Me! I had a baby ten weeks ago. Gained about 40 pounds...still have to lose 25 but would love to lose 35 pounds to be below my pre-pregnancy weight. Every day is a struggle to make good food choices and to find time to work out. I can't imagine it gets easier as they get older either. Just in need of some extra motivation!