Working two jobs.. Too tired to add a workout routine.

So im working two jobs now.. One at Walgreens and one at McDonald's.
All together I'm working about 50+ hours a week. I need the money.
I really want to get fit but it's so hard.
I get in around 6 am and have an hour and a half break between mcds and Walgreens then I'm out at 1120 three times a week.
The rest of the time it's one or the other. Soo I'm on my feet all day... And of course I eat. ALOT. So I should watch my eating habits( all vegetarian) but what about the work outs? There isn't a gym I can access near me...
How do I balance the activity... And being tired all the time....
Ps I'm 5'6 female and at 254.

Replies

• ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    I get in around 6 am and have an hour and a half break between mcds and Walgreens then I'm out at 1120 three times a week.
    The rest of the time it's one or the other. Soo I'm on my feet all day... And of course I eat. ALOT. So I should watch my eating habits( all vegetarian) but what about the work outs? There isn't a gym I can access near me...

caffeine...lots of it.
  • jsjentz
    jsjentz Posts: 14 Member
    Working out will actually help you with your exhaustion. You will have more energy and feel better overall with all those endorphins. You have 1.5 hours between your two jobs -- go for a walk between. Even if it's just 20 minutes. Sometimes it helps to just put your workout clothes on and "just do it." Take baby steps if you need to -- 10 minutes of movement is better than 0.

I can tell you I have never finished working out and found myself thinking "I wish I hadn't worked out today." Even when I'm cursing it the whole way through.

Good luck! :)
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Thing is with exercise, you will never have time for it. You have to MAKE time. Even if it means waking up a little earlier, or scheduling a short but effective 30 minute workout when you have at least an hour break.

You don't have to find a gym necessarily, there are various fitness videos on YouTube you can follow like Hasfit, Blogilates, Bodyrock, etc.

A little workout is better than no workout :) And the best way to bust through any tired phase is with a workout. So whenever you realise you are just sitting there, or have at least 15 minutes to spare, workout :) It doesn't even have to be "workout" per se, it could be talking a longer route to your other work place, more walking, just more moving.

I juggle being a full time student (with all the deadlines, and reading up I have to do at home) and having a part time job, and of course, spending quality time with family and my kitties. Just have to make every minute count, organize activities better and make working out another commitment :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    I have a job, a side job, I'm going to school part time, managing a social life, and training for a triathlon while also maintaining a couple of my hobbies.

My primary job takes about 50-60+ hours a week, my side job takes another 10 or so if not more. My econ class alone is taking probably another 8 hours a week. What's hard about that?
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    80% of weight loss is food in mouth! calories... exercise is 15% genetics 5% (one of % statistics iver read anyway) so yeah to loose weight its mostly all food/calorie intake.. to look a certain way and tone and actually to have MORE energy.. thats when you need to workout/exercise!!! you are very busy.. but try to get motivated! can you get up in the morning and walk or bike before work?? make the day 'work' for you.. also drink LOTS of water.. (idk if you do already now) hydrates you giving you more energy and makes you full longer too...
    ive always worked out but more now since wt loss... but before MFP i NEVER was a morning person! i was the dont talk to me unless I have coffee and i never walked in the morning.. now I dont always 'have' to have coffee and i walk a lot now before work!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    If you're tired all the time, it's because you lack rest or possible iron since you're female. Also, you can do TABATA PROTOCOL to get fit and don't need any weights to do it.
    As for weight loss, it's comes down to calorie deficit. If you're active all day with 2 jobs, then you can still burn a good amount of calories daily with regular movement. Do the protocol to get fit and increase your VO2 max.
    More than anything though is don't consume more than you burn.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mitchiemo
    mitchiemo Posts: 61 Member
    It sounds like you should spend a bit of time getting yourself a different job, replacing the two with just the one. Concentrate on your calorie intake until you do.
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    If you're tired all the time, it's because you lack rest or possible iron since you're female. Also, you can do TABATA PROTOCOL to get fit and don't need any weights to do it.
    As for weight loss, it's comes down to calorie deficit. If you're active all day with 2 jobs, then you can still burn a good amount of calories daily with regular movement. Do the protocol to get fit and increase your VO2 max.
    More than anything though is don't consume more than you burn.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Great advice. I can never figure out why people are told to wake up earlier to exercise. Sleep is more important than exercise and is when your body basically repairs itself from the day. OP: I would focus more on diet and fit in exercise when you can. You can exercise at home in a variety of ways or take short walks. Get your rest too, though.
  • genchan
    genchan Posts: 28
    If you're on your feet all day, then move around. If you're stationary, do squats. Do military press like you're raising the roof. Or do overhead hand claps. Do something when you're doing nothing. Also, try contracting your abs, I've heard that usually works because that's what the Governator did (If you know who I'm talking about) in his younger years. What's your diet like? Eating McDonnies everyday ain't gonna help. If you know certain foods are good for you, eat it. Even it tastes like caca. You'll get used to it. :)
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    i'd work on the diet first, since you can change that.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    i'd work on the diet first, since you can change that.

same.

If you are so busy on your feet all day at 2 jobs it shouldn't be too hard to create a calorie deficit just by making smart food choices.