New to the site and I looooooveeeeee it!!!!!

Hello All~ I just joined tuesday and this site has really helped me. I can watch my calerie intake and thats very helpful. I have a ?...How do you put the ticker on yoour page? I tried it, but failed. Anyways, I wish everyone good luck with their weight loss goals. :happy:

Replies

• Gemz83
    Gemz83 Posts: 2
    Hello All~ I just joined tuesday and this site has really helped me. I can watch my calerie intake and thats very helpful. I have a ?...How do you put the ticker on yoour page? I tried it, but failed. Anyways, I wish everyone good luck with their weight loss goals. :happy:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Check out these links:

WEIGHT LOSS TICKERS

Q. Where can I create a weight loss ticker?

Q. Where can I create a weight loss ticker?

A. Click on the "Tools" tab, then click on the "Tickers" link in the light blue bar below the tabs. That will take you to the section of the site where you can create your ticker.
    << hide this answer

Q. How do I add a ticker to my forum signature?

Q. How do I add a ticker to my forum signature?

A. Here's a quick explanation of how to add a weight loss ticker to your forum signature:

1. First, click on the "Tools" tab, then click on "Tickers" in the light blue bar below the tabs to reach the section of the site where you can create your ticker.

2. Follow the steps to create your ticker. They should (hopefully) be self-explanatory.

3. When your ticker has been completed, you'll be shown two boxes with code in them to display your ticker. Click on the box on the left (BBCode) - this is the code you need to use on the MyFitnessPal message boards. Highlight all of the code in that box (most browsers will do this automatically once you click on the box). If the code is not all highlighted, you can right-click on the box and choose "Select All"

4. Once you have highlighted all of the code, right click on the code and choose "Copy."

5. Now click on the "My Home" tab, then click "Settings" in the light blue bar below the tabs, and finally, click on the "Change forum signature" link.

6. Right-click in the box where you can type your forum signature and choose "Paste."

7. Finally, click "Save Changes."

Once you've saved your new forum signature, every post you've ever made should now display your ticker at the bottom of it. You don't need to create a new post to test your ticker - just look at any previous post, and the ticker will be displayed there if you've followed the steps properly.
    << hide this answer

Q. How do I update my ticker to reflect my current weight?

Q. How do I update my ticker to reflect my current weight?

A. To update your ticker, go to "Tools", then click "Tickers" in the light blue bar below the tabs. Next, click on "Update your weight data" and you'll be taken to a screen showing what we think your current weight is. Just change that value to whatever your actual current weight is and click "Save Changes."

Your ticker will then be updated to reflect your new weight. The changes will be reflected everywhere you have displayed your ticker automatically - you don't need to do anything else.

<< hide this answer

Q. How can I change the starting weight or goal weight on my ticker?
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Welcome to the best site on the web Gemz! You'll do just great here, as have alot of us!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou:

I got married on May 26th in 2000! Great minds think alike:happy:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    I'm going to try Shorerider's instructions :tongue:

Thanks so much, by george I've got it :wink:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Actually, I cut-n-pasted from the FAQ. Glad you got it working!
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    WELCOME!!!!:flowerforyou: