Week 1 Results!!! (or maybe week 0)

Thumbs_21.gif

Well I think there has been enough time for everyone to log their weight for our first weigh-in! I’m excited about what we’ve seen so far and looking forward to seeing more. With that said let’s recognize our fellow MFPers that have made some tremendous strides leading up to the first weigh-in (keep in mind that some people waited until 5/31 to record their starting weight, where as some people, such as myself, recorded their starting weight when they signed up):

Top 5 Biggest Losers (lbs)

1. Trollivier - 14.2 lbs
2. tanyalevan - 14.0 lbs
3. luann 2013 - 9.0 lbs
4. daisymae850 - 8.4 lbs
5. KathyPerry70 - 6.8 lbs

Top 5 Biggest Losers (%)

1. tanyalevan - 6.48%
2. Trollivier - 5.22%
3. sassab0123 - 4.55%
4. Imp4ct - 3.65%
5. hammbone55 - 3.60%

Participation Stats:

- 506 people signed up
- 496 people entered a starting weight (I’d call out the 10 that didn’t but you know who you are :))
- 358 people checked-in their weight on 5/31 (we can do better than that)

How much weight did we lose collectively?

- 334lbs!!! Great job everyone!!!! Keep up the great work!!!

What was the average weight loss? (calculated using the people that checked in 5/31)

- About 1 lbs. Once again, great job everyone!!!!!

Weight Loss Stats:

- 27 people gained weight (it’s all good, we’re all here to help you stay motivated!)
- 163 people recorded no change (people that recorded their started their challenge on the first weigh in)
- 168 people lost weight!
- 56 people lost 0.1-1 lbs.
- 52 people lost 1.1-2.0 lbs.
- 56 people lost 2.1-4.9 lbs.
- 14 people lost 5 lbs. or more

So that’s just the first week, actually less than the first week dependent on when you signed up.

Replies

• tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    Everyone is doing such an amazing job!! I can't believe the people who lost more than 5 pounds in one week! This is something to keep striving for myself. We all can do this. Just need to put your mind to it.

Thanks John for these stats :)
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    John you are awesome! Congrats everyone on their weight loss!
  • Mom2my3girls
    Mom2my3girls Posts: 93 Member
    Thank you for putting this all together. We are all doing a great job! Keep it up everyone!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    This is a great start! This is a great way to stay accountable!
  • plumpncurvy
    plumpncurvy Posts: 68 Member
    Nice to see the stats, the group ones are mind blowing, hope everyone keeps up the good work!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    I thought this just started on Friday and we were doing Friday weigh-in's? I'm really confused now :/
  • I thought this just started on Friday and we were doing Friday weigh-in's? I'm really confused now :/

The spreadsheet was created on May 28 so some people start date weight and May 31st (last Friday) weight produced some results (+/-).

Continue to check-in every Friday. I'll report on a weekly basis.
  • KahalaGal
    KahalaGal Posts: 112 Member
    thank you. a lot of work for you and much encouragement for us. This is very nice.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    I don't think those numbers are right though. Somebody seriously lost 14 lbs in 3 days? I would rather see the numbers that actually reflect the challenge that began on 5/31
  • Nice work everyone, love to see the numbers,,,data driven shows we can do it,,,work hard everyone
  • schuagah
    schuagah Posts: 15
    Awesome to see all the numbers compiled! Good motivation to keep going :)
  • wendydl
    wendydl Posts: 13 Member
    I thought it said weigh in every friday , I lost 2 pounds this week so far and was aiming for another half by friday , and was so pleased , now someone loses 14 in one week ?????
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    I think someone put their starting weight as their starting weight on MFP not the starting date of the challenge. (14lbs person)
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Hi all! I just updated my 5/31 weight. I had entered it on Friday, but did so from my phone & I guess I didn't give it enough time to "save" b/c it was gone. Anyway, I lost 1.1 from when I joined the challenge to our first weigh in. Down 2 so far this week - hope I can keep the momentum going & get an even higher number by Friday!

Looking forward to celebrating with everyone on Friday!

Thanks to our fabulous moderators for this wonderful challenge!!

Hugs,

Amy :)
  • Kirsten2304
    Kirsten2304 Posts: 27 Member
    Hey all!

Great results! Thanks for that summary!

I can't weigh myself from Friday till Sunday since I will be out of town for the weekend.
    Shall I put in my weight tomorrow already or maybe on Monday?

Kirsten :)
  • nelsaphine
    nelsaphine Posts: 212 Member
    Thumbs_21.gif

Well I think there has been enough time for everyone to log their weight for our first weigh-in! I’m excited about what we’ve seen so far and looking forward to seeing more. With that said let’s recognize our fellow MFPers that have made some tremendous strides leading up to the first weigh-in (keep in mind that some people waited until 5/31 to record their starting weight, where as some people, such as myself, recorded their starting weight when they signed up):

Top 5 Biggest Losers (lbs)

1. Trollivier - 14.2 lbs
    2. tanyalevan - 14.0 lbs
    3. luann 2013 - 9.0 lbs
    4. daisymae850 - 8.4 lbs
    5. KathyPerry70 - 6.8 lbs

Top 5 Biggest Losers (%)

1. tanyalevan - 6.48%
    2. Trollivier - 5.22%
    3. sassab0123 - 4.55%
    4. Imp4ct - 3.65%
    5. hammbone55 - 3.60%

Participation Stats:

- 506 people signed up
    - 496 people entered a starting weight (I’d call out the 10 that didn’t but you know who you are :))
    - 358 people checked-in their weight on 5/31 (we can do better than that)

How much weight did we lose collectively?

- 334lbs!!! Great job everyone!!!! Keep up the great work!!!

What was the average weight loss? (calculated using the people that checked in 5/31)

- About 1 lbs. Once again, great job everyone!!!!!

Weight Loss Stats:

- 27 people gained weight (it’s all good, we’re all here to help you stay motivated!)
    - 163 people recorded no change (people that recorded their started their challenge on the first weigh in)
    - 168 people lost weight!
    - 56 people lost 0.1-1 lbs.
    - 52 people lost 1.1-2.0 lbs.
    - 56 people lost 2.1-4.9 lbs.
    - 14 people lost 5 lbs. or more

So that’s just the first week, actually less than the first week dependent on when you signed up.

Thank you for the report!! It encourages me to see the numbers and percentages :)

Great work everyone!!!
  • Kate029
    Kate029 Posts: 32 Member
    Love the stats, Thanks John & Tiffy for all your hard work!
  • got2befitnow
    got2befitnow Posts: 108 Member
    Amazing job! Thanks so much JohnGlenn and Tiffy for helping us all keep on track. Excited to see how well we all do tomorrow!! Great motivation - I feel like I can't let any of you down so I have to stay focused! I hope you all realize that when June is over, I'll be searching you all out for continued motivation... I'm kinda clingy like that! :happy:
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Great compilation of stats. How do you get the thumps up congrats picture to show up?
  • Great compilation of stats. How do you get the thumps up congrats picture to show up?

*img*http://www.animateit.net/data/media/feb2013/Thumbs_21.gif*/img*

replace the astericks with square brackets.