Forced myself to go for a jog/ walk

Options
I usually like to just jog, but this morning I wasn't feeling like it, my body seemed a little soar and swollen. I did a lot yesturday including a 4 mile jog. So at 5 AM this morning I told my daughter that I wasn't going, but then I turned back around and told her I would give it a try. We jogged a little, but in total we went 5 miles. Mostly walking fast. I feel this is an accomplishment because I wasn't even going to go and I usually don't do the walk thing, just jogging. Then I came home and did more yard work for a few hours. I think I am working out more doing that, but I don't know how to calculate that into my day. I just figure if I forget to ad a cup of coffee or something, then I am covered.
I think tonight I will bring out my cute pink beach cruiser bike I haven't been on in a year and go for a long ride! Encouraged to do other things I guess you can say.

Replies

• StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    I usually like to just jog, but this morning I wasn't feeling like it, my body seemed a little soar and swollen. I did a lot yesturday including a 4 mile jog. So at 5 AM this morning I told my daughter that I wasn't going, but then I turned back around and told her I would give it a try. We jogged a little, but in total we went 5 miles. Mostly walking fast. I feel this is an accomplishment because I wasn't even going to go and I usually don't do the walk thing, just jogging. Then I came home and did more yard work for a few hours. I think I am working out more doing that, but I don't know how to calculate that into my day. I just figure if I forget to ad a cup of coffee or something, then I am covered.
    I think tonight I will bring out my cute pink beach cruiser bike I haven't been on in a year and go for a long ride! Encouraged to do other things I guess you can say.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Good for you for getting out there!! That is the hardest part, just finding the motivation to start! YEA YOU!

As for calculating the calories burned - do you own a Heart Rate Monitor? or perhaps you daughter have one? That is the best way to educate yourself on your own body. you can wear it for the entire day and see exactly how many calories you are burning. you are probably short changing yourself by not logging a food or two for that exercise.

Keep up the good work!!!
    Tricia
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    That's great, good for you! I walk on my lunch hour and there are many days that around 10 am I am like I am NOT going for my walk today. Then by 12:30I find myself putting my tennis shoes on and then I am SO glad I went.

I used to have really bad shin splints, but since I've been walking a lot they went away, so yesterday I decided to give jogging a try. I figured with the leg pain gone and my three months of walking, maybe it would go ok because I have NEVER been a runner. Yeah it didn't go so well. About one or two minutes in my breathing went from a controlled patterened breathing to just gasping in and out. I had taken a puff of my inhaler too but it didn't really help. I was out for about 40 minutes but I only did three attemps of about 2 to 3 minutes of jogging.

I'd like to think that with more practice I could build my lungs up to jog decently, just like I did with walking and my leg pain. But I cannot jog in dress pants on my lunch breaks at work, so the only time I would have to try jogging is on the weekends (which is usually my break from working out, haha).

Anyway, just wanted to say good job on the will power!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Good job!
    Caloriesperhour.com has alot of different things like garending I think so you might want to try that for some calcuations.

-Adrienne:heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!