Here I go again........

OK....feeling like rock bottom has been reached and time to start looking for a way up. Woke up this am. 20 minutes of pilates. Walked down a country road and confused many cows. Searched the internet for tools and support.
So this is another first day of another something new. I am trying to be positive, but feel like I always approach these things with built in discouragement.
Send me some encouraging words and positve vibes.
It will be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• OK....feeling like rock bottom has been reached and time to start looking for a way up. Woke up this am. 20 minutes of pilates. Walked down a country road and confused many cows. Searched the internet for tools and support.
    So this is another first day of another something new. I am trying to be positive, but feel like I always approach these things with built in discouragement.
    Send me some encouraging words and positve vibes.
    It will be greatly appreciated!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    :flowerforyou: Hey there!

I know the feeling. You always feel "I haven't been successful in the past, what makes this any different?"

But it's different that you aren't giving up. Look at the the accomplishments you have. Be it a good marriage, healthy children, a great job, whatever you need to remind yourself that you really are worth every second you spend on improving your health. Also, remember that this is a life change, not another diet. It takes more time and concentration than a fad diet. But the harder you work at it, the more likely it is to stick.

You have this sweeite! Don't give up!!
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    This is a wonderful site!:smile:

2 tips:
    1) weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:
    2) log it BEFORE you eat it, this will help you make better choices:tongue:

Wishing you the best :drinker:
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    This is a wonderful site!:smile:

2 tips:
    1) weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:
    2) log it BEFORE you eat it, this will help you make better choices:tongue:

Wishing you the best :drinker:

I agree 100%!! Log what you think you might eat before hand, and you'll be amazed at how helpful the nutrition calculator is. A lot of times I do my meal planning by using the food log just because I know what to eat and when. Small breakfast here, bigger lunch there... Etc. The other day I thought I'd had a lot more than I actually had. And did that several days without even thinking, I'd only had about 800 cals!! So not good... I was able to catch that in the food log and splurge on something for a few more cals (note: Taco Bells Pintos & Cheese only has like 160 cals!!) Love it!
  • Thanks folks!
    I dig the kindness here already!