Broken toes

Options
GTOgirl1969
GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
Last night I tripped over a coffee table and bent my toes on my left foot all the way back. My foot is lovely shades of blue, red, and purple. I can't put any weight on it and it hurts like heck.
Now I feel bad because I can't exercise...is there something I can do that won't hurt?

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Last night I tripped over a coffee table and bent my toes on my left foot all the way back. My foot is lovely shades of blue, red, and purple. I can't put any weight on it and it hurts like heck.
    Now I feel bad because I can't exercise...is there something I can do that won't hurt?
  • maggierex
    maggierex Posts: 59
    Options
    upper body workouts would be fine. there are lots of exercises that can be done sitting in a chair.. think of any arm, shoulder, upper body work you can do, just sit! crunches with your legs flat on floor, or bend knees putting pressure on your heel if you can tolerate it. something is better than nothing! good luck!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Yes, ride a bike, slower walking, stretches...and cry a lot for attention...Oh wait, that was me. Just move slower. Good luck friend!
  • paul82682
    paul82682 Posts: 48
    Options
    swimming. or you could do some relay races on crutches or in a wheel chair. that would be a good workout plus help to hone your coordination. but if you're in a wheelchair you should wear some gloves or you'll get nasty blisters.
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    If you use little weights that is good to. Some of my favorites I do anyway I do laying on the floor.
    Lay on your back and arms strait out and bring them up to touch in front of you strait up. When I am at full work out I do 4 reps of 25
    If you are able to through your arms out sitting that is good to, punching from side to side.
    lay on your sides lifting your legs up to touch the roof is great. Again I do 4 reps of 25 for everything.
    Then I do the crunches and then a really hard one but felt really good is laying on your back, put your hands kind of under your hips/ butt area to give a little cushion and stability and raise your legs up. You can doing it legs bent if you need to or strait. Also leaving your legs strait up is a great stretch for your back. It encourages balance also because it isn't easy but not so hard once you get into it.
    Along with some other stuff I do that you probably wont be able to I would spend almost and hour doing these, so if you do as many as I say while watching tv or something, it is a good work out. Don't forget to stretch out before you start, You will be surprised if you really work these, you will feel it.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    swimming. or you could do some relay races on crutches or in a wheel chair. that would be a good workout plus help to hone your coordination. but if you're in a wheelchair you should wear some gloves or you'll get nasty blisters.

Are there a lot of wheelchair swimmers with blisters out there? I'm confuzzled??? Man, some people just can't get a break, ey?:bigsmile:
  • paul82682
    paul82682 Posts: 48
    Options

Are there a lot of wheelchair swimmers with blisters out there? I'm confuzzled??? Man, some people just can't get a break, ey?:bigsmile:

except for their toes:bigsmile: