Heart Rate Monitor

Options
douganl
douganl Posts: 283 Member
Last week someone asked when you stop your heart rate monitor after exercise. Do you stop it immediately after or do you wait a couple of minutes (because you burn quite a few calories after). I never saw the response and I have tried looking for the old post...ok, I am just lazy :blushing:

Does someone have an answer for this??????????????? Thanks Guys! You are the BEST!!!!!!

Replies

• douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Last week someone asked when you stop your heart rate monitor after exercise. Do you stop it immediately after or do you wait a couple of minutes (because you burn quite a few calories after). I never saw the response and I have tried looking for the old post...ok, I am just lazy :blushing:

Does someone have an answer for this??????????????? Thanks Guys! You are the BEST!!!!!!
  • greeneggsam
    greeneggsam Posts: 121
    Options
    I'm not 100% sure on the calorie front, but I would say keep it on for a while after you exercise. The sooner your heart returns to baseline (70 bpm or so), the stronger it is. Just a cool thing to watch if you are improving your cardiovascular fitness.