critically accalimed moveis u thought were really bad?

Replies

• KarlyK929
    KarlyK929 Posts: 44 Member
    Moulin Rouge - my least favorite movie of all time. Glad to see I'm not alone in this.

The Hangover - I tried so hard to like this, since EVERYONE else seemed to...but it just wasn't that funny to me.

Borat - ugh, I don't even know where to begin. I'm not sure this was "critically accliamed", but I can't even get through it.

The Avengers - I know, blasphemy right, but the only good thing about this for me was Tom Hiddleston.

Black Swan - I danced for 17 years, so I thought I would love it, but no, just, NO! So, so awful!
  • Kabuhtu
    Kabuhtu Posts: 85 Member
    I just saw these two two movies within the last month, and thought they were just terrible....

Gangs of New York

Silver Linings Playbook

I really wanted to like SLP.... I am from the Philly area, love the Eagles, and the premise of the movie sounded good to me. Gangs of New York just happened to be starting when I was flipping channels..... I couldn't watch after about 20 minutes. I think if I had continued to watch I might have called it the worst critically acclaimed movie ever.

I LOVED Gangs of New York!
  • Kabuhtu
    Kabuhtu Posts: 85 Member
    I don not know if anyone has said this yet;

Black Swan

It was one of the worst movies I have EVER seen. I did watch the whole thing though. So, I guess its better than some. Just my opinion though.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    The Great Gatsby

Titanic
  • timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    Citizen Kane
    Pulp Fiction
    Memento

Loved 'em! Some of you didn't like them. OK, fine. But really bad? Really?
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    I really liked Silver Linings Playbook but hated Gangs of New York.. I like the strangeness or unpredictability of movies.... Pulp Fiction is one of my favorites. Bridesmaids, really? I thought it was hilarious!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Signs. Seriously. An advanced alien race can't get through wooden doors? :/
    LOL same happened in Dark Skies :laugh: The first half of the movie was amazing,but dear god,did it go downhill in the second...basically the whole movie was about aliens coming to a family in the creepiest supernatural ways and LOL in the finale they literally come kicking and bashing the front door while the dad shoots a shotgun like a BOSS...on something that previously wasnt even present in physical form..or at least could have been questioned :laugh:

What? Lol, glad I didn't see it then. :P
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    All of them. If critics don't like the movie, I will usually go see it.
  • princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    Older films but...

Bridges of Madison County
    Out of Africa

Both were incredibly boring - the only thing that saved them was the great cinematography.

My mom took me my sister and my nephews to see Out of Africa when where all like 12 and under O M G what was she thinking we were all snoring about 15 minutes in. LITERALLY snoring.

Another for me was Art of War with Wesley Snipes I fell asleep on that too.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    The Hurt Locker.. boring!!
  • swagtier
    swagtier Posts: 53
    All of them. If critics don't like the movie, I will usually go see it.

hipsters tho
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Pulp fiction.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    I was so bored during Les Mis I was the one that was miserable. I kept trying to will myself to sleep in the theater and it didn't work. I also didn't find Bridesmaids that funny.

I've seen it 4 times, and I still laugh my *kitten* off at the bathroom scene. Because I'm 12. I actually just watched it for the 4th time a couple of weeks ago, so it was fate that this thread was reborn! :drinker:
  • wardamnirish
    wardamnirish Posts: 395
    I don't know if it was critically acclaimed or not, but it's certainly very popular and my friends reference scenes from it all the time, but Office Space is IMO the worst, slowest moving, most depressing movie ever made. I just don't get the humor.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Chicago
  • BlueBombers
    I don't know if it was critically acclaimed or not, but it's certainly very popular and my friends reference scenes from it all the time, but Office Space is IMO the worst, slowest moving, most depressing movie ever made. I just don't get the humor.

SeriouslyPuck.gif
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    not-lazy-just-dont-care1.jpg

No Country For Old Men for me, though the villian's scenes were awesome. The overall movie just was so meh.
  • BlueBombers
    not-lazy-just-dont-care1.jpg

No Country For Old Men for me, though the villian's scenes were awesome. The overall movie just was so meh.

:flowerforyou:
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Two Tom Hanks Movies

Forest Gump and Cast Away. Both bored me to death