30 Day Shred

I just got my new DVD, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I'm so excited to try it. I am curious if anyone else has any idea how many calories you burn while doing it. Its only a 20 minute workout, but from what I understand it really kicks your butt. I don't have a HRM, so I'm going to be clueless how many calories I'm burning. I'm logging it under circuit training for now, since she uses the 3-2-1 method. If anyone has any idea, please share! Thanks.

Replies

• bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    I just got my new DVD, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I'm so excited to try it. I am curious if anyone else has any idea how many calories you burn while doing it. Its only a 20 minute workout, but from what I understand it really kicks your butt. I don't have a HRM, so I'm going to be clueless how many calories I'm burning. I'm logging it under circuit training for now, since she uses the 3-2-1 method. If anyone has any idea, please share! Thanks.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    I LOVE this DVD!!! Enjoy it!

The general consensus is 250 calories per 20 minute workout- but that would depend on height and weight. Check your heart rate a couple of times throughout and see (my heart rate stays up pretty high the whole time!).
    :flowerforyou:
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    WOW I just finished level 1, and that was tough. I figured I'd be able to do level 1 easily, but that was quite a workout. There were a few times I couldn't keep up, but I'm sure I'll get better as time goes by. I wasn't expecting that, since I consider myself to be pretty strong for an fat person, but she kicked my butt!!!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Yeah - it is a good workout!!! It gets "easier" every time! :tongue:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    I LOVE the Shred! I did Level One twice, Level Two six times and today was day 8 at Level Three. I've definately seen nice improvements-especially in my lower tummy. I use 5 pound dumbbells and do the workout Monday-Friday....GOOD STUFF!