S.B.F. Challenge. . .June 30th

yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
It's the start of a new week, and it's an intense exercise week for me.

Today is walking, yoga, and weights. I wish weights class wasn't so late (7:30) because I need to eat before I go and I would rather have yoga after weights than before. Ah well. Can't change the world to fit my schedule. Wednesday's class is before yoga. I'll have to be happy with that.

Yesterday I did the elliptical and walking. I also had the best pizza in town. It was very yummy. Too bad the restaurant doesn't make a whole wheat crust.

Haven't gone down in weight in a while. Maybe this week of eating out almost every night will disrupt my system a bit :bigsmile:

Have a great workout!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    It's the start of a new week, and it's an intense exercise week for me.

Today is walking, yoga, and weights. I wish weights class wasn't so late (7:30) because I need to eat before I go and I would rather have yoga after weights than before. Ah well. Can't change the world to fit my schedule. Wednesday's class is before yoga. I'll have to be happy with that.

Yesterday I did the elliptical and walking. I also had the best pizza in town. It was very yummy. Too bad the restaurant doesn't make a whole wheat crust.

Haven't gone down in weight in a while. Maybe this week of eating out almost every night will disrupt my system a bit :bigsmile:

Have a great workout!

Mary
  • HI!
    :bigsmile:

My goal today is to increase situps from 50 to 55

and get at least 150 minutes of cardiovascular exercise in
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Mornin'. . .hopefully everyone will check in today. . .

I have my second session with the trainer and then I'm trying a "podrunner" interval training thingee I downloaded from iTunes. It is now my dream to be a person who jogs on the treadmill. . .

I dropped a pound last week. . .I'm owing it too the increased water intake (I'm just saying I'm more efficient. . .)

So, today is water, vits and weights and jogging (oh my!)

Oh, and Mary. . .I'm glad I'm not the only one who fantasizes about the "perfect gym schedule". Me too. Would that we could change the world to our own schedules! (at least sometimes. . .) Also, pizza sounds delicious! I actually had a dream last night that I was eating pizza. . .my subconscious is now addressing my cravings for me.

Happy exercising to all!:flowerforyou:
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Hi, What's this challenge about. Sounds like exercise. I am trying to get in at least two 30 min swims this week in addition to my regular exercise.
  • yoginimary
    Hi, What's this challenge about. Sounds like exercise. I am trying to get in at least two 30 min swims this week in addition to my regular exercise.

It is. We post our exercise (and any other self induced challenges) each day.
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Good morning....I hope that everyone had a great weekend.

Today my goal is 60 min cardio and 20 min weight training.

Viviakay....Congrats!!!!!! down 1 lb :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:

Have a good Monday everyone,

Pam
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Good Morning to you!

I plan to do 60 minutes cardio and 20 of weights today.
    Increase water and then do some food planning and shopping for the week.
    I feel that if I get a little more focused on my food intake- I will get back on track. This weekend was WAY too much wine.

I am just beginning a new romantic relationship and it is hard to stay on track in the midst of all that.

I am also trying to transition to a mostly raw diet which will consist of a lot of smoothies and salads. I did it before but had way too many nuts and oils so I am trying again with a bettter sense of things. I had a cervical cancer scare and have an appt coming up in August and I have known women to be able to reverse the pre cancer condition with a lot of greens and vegetables. So that is the real motivation! I think knowing it has led to my last week of emotional eating. But I feel ready and confident now.

Have a great Monday!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,694 Member
    Wow! Kudos to all the ladies making all these changes in their diets and exercises! You all are very inspirational and encouraging.
    Okay, I am starting something new: a schedule. I need one for my son to make sure I work with him and play with him enough, therefore I also need a schedule. When I finally sat down and wrote what a typical day for us should be, I could not figure out why I have not been able to fit in my exercise. I've just been making excuses and being lazy. So I have goals to get house work done everyday, work with my son (who is doing great by the way!) and get an hour of exercise done everyday etc. I know I won't be able to follow it to a t everyday, but something close would be good.

I am going to start a chart for Alex and I then realized that I should have one too. Who is doing charts and how are you doing them? Are you giving yourself a sticker when you do everything for that day? How many days do you give yourself before you treat yourself?

I did 45 minutes of Taebo Amped this morning and I am feeling it! I am going to log all my food, drink my water, and stick to my schedule!
    It's good to see new faces in the challenge!
    Melissa
  • yoginimary
    mm - my chart looks just like those you had in 1st grade. It's a spreadsheet and I check off each day I do something. It's a week-long chart. So no stickers, just checks - but whatever works for you!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Wow! Crazy events over the weekend... :huh: everyone hang in there & keep your chin up!

I met my goal of being in bed by 11:30 every night last week. I didn't notice a big difference in my energy level, but do think I get more quality sleep. I also did really well not drinking pop; only had some diet coke at a bridal shower one night last week!:drinker:

My new thing this week is to make a menu at least a day in advance. I'm doing well for day 1 knowing that I have certain meals & snacks to eat. I'm not wandering around looking for food. Speaking of wandering, where are you WL & how's the shoot going?

I had a great weight workout this morning that turned into 2 hours before i realized it.:noway: I finished and just had lunch, now I'm heading out for my run & hill repeats. By lifting so long I missed my am snack & was feeling shaky....

I am with you on the charts mm. I don't have any rewards in mind, but am such a visual person that if I have the days until P-Day (pageant day) 8/23 to check-off, I might do better.

Okay ladies, tomorrow is a new month, so if you have been procrastinating, STOP! Make those changes tomorrow if you didn't do it today. NO EXCUSES! YOU CAN DO IT! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Hi ladies! Thankfully, other than my niece's graduation, I had a very uneventful weekend and didn't really do any structured exercise other than shopping and a couple of walks.

Today I did The Shred Level 3 again. We also snuck in a walk before lunch and then I mowed the yard and trimmed three HUGE hedges. Huge like on a ladder over my head wondering where one of my sons was so they would yell at me to get my skinny butt:bigsmile: down but nadda.

Gonna take another walk after dinner & call it a day.

P.S. I also had pizza over the weekend-ONE piece and boy was it heaven!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Update. . .that "podrunner" thing was so cool! I was running in intervals at 5.3 mph on the treadmill, then walking at 3.5 (I upped the incline for the walking, so my heart rate dropped but didn't plummet) It was free on iTunes, and I feel like "hey, I can totally learn to run". The pace of the music is one speed, than you get this little "alarm" and it speeds up. It's kind of techno-y and hypnotic. Also, in 25 minutes I burned 300 calories! (woot!) I never had success running outside (I'm pretty sure I was running too fast).:flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    OK-last update for today. Turns out my after dinner walk turned into 8 miles on my stationary bike and then another 3 around the neighborhood with my son. It was a good exercise day for me! Good night SBFers! :flowerforyou:
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    So this is my first day on this challenge. I wanted to swim 30 mins and I did. Came home right after work and went straight to the pool before I had to get kids from camp.:happy: Combined with 30 min biking to work, a good exercise day.

Tomorrow, I will bike to work then run 30 min after work. I also need to mow the lawn if DH doesn't first.
    :tongue:
  • bamabelle
    bamabelle Posts: 14
    So the last day of June went out with 45 minutes on the treadmill and 30 minutes doing laps in the pool. My blood sugar was 82 when I finished and my BP was at 141, so I was happy with the afternoon.

I'd have actually swam longer, but they were having some lifeguard issues and had to shut down the indoor (heated) pool, so that cut me short.

Oh well. Tuesday is another day! :bigsmile: