Exercise calories

Hi there,
I am struggling to eat all my exercise calories on top of my 1250 (usually an extra 400 on top) does any one have any tips on what I could do?

Thanks
72389.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• mt73056
    mt73056 Posts: 40
    Hi there,
    I am struggling to eat all my exercise calories on top of my 1250 (usually an extra 400 on top) does any one have any tips on what I could do?

Thanks
    72389.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • nat8100
    nat8100 Posts: 17
    I have the same problem. I don't want to eat too many carbs like bread as I just feel bloated and I want to keep my diet as healthy and low fat as possible... the problem is all the healthy foods are low in cals so don't go too far towards the total calorie goal!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    This is a common concern, and here are the most common answers:

nuts and nut butters (think peanut or almond butter) are high in calories and contain good fats. A handful of almonds is 180 calories (24-ish almonds) and a tablespoon of peanut butter is around 100.

drink some calories. Milk, soy or almond milk are good choices here.

Consider adding some "non-diet" foods back in to your diet. A full-fat salad dressing or a piece of real cheese will give you several hundred calories.

Long term under-eating will leave you with low energy (calories=energy) and cause your weight loss to stop.:flowerforyou:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Why oh why can I not have this problem, too!!!! I am always making sure not to go OVER and am not always successul.

But I agree, nuts are great. With just a handful, you can use up almost 200 calories. Even a banana has lots of cals and is not too heavy to eat at night if you still have cals left. Or a small bowl of cereal with a little skim milk....adds up quick!

:smile: