Stronger, Better, Faster Challenge July 1st

Happy Canada Day!

Today is Bikram, a walk, water, vits and a treat. (If it's Tuesday. . .it must be time for dessert!)

I also found out words you should never say to a trainer: "you need to work me harder this time." Oh, my abs. . .the pain. . .the horror. (It shows how much that muscle group needs work. I'm not sore anywhere else)

The new gym is making me realize how non-conscientious my old gym was. My form never got corrected or adjusted in my "weights classes". . .and I think I was hurting myself. I also rode my spin bike with the seat about six inches too low for months before anyone fixed it. (and I always sat on an outside edge)

Happy workouts to all!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Happy Canada Day!

Today is Bikram, a walk, water, vits and a treat. (If it's Tuesday. . .it must be time for dessert!)

I also found out words you should never say to a trainer: "you need to work me harder this time." Oh, my abs. . .the pain. . .the horror. (It shows how much that muscle group needs work. I'm not sore anywhere else)

The new gym is making me realize how non-conscientious my old gym was. My form never got corrected or adjusted in my "weights classes". . .and I think I was hurting myself. I also rode my spin bike with the seat about six inches too low for months before anyone fixed it. (and I always sat on an outside edge)

Happy workouts to all!:flowerforyou:
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    I am back on track and feeling much better in my "headspace". yay!!!

Went to the gym in the AM- walked uphill as warm up- did lunges and pushups and then biked. I will return to the gym tonight for a short run.

I went shopping to fill my fridge with the foods I need to be eating and my new boyfriend is very supportive! I am looking forward to this month and feeling stronger and healthier (and hopefully letting some of this weight go- body and mind)

I plan to start yoga again this week as well.

Have a great day.
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    I' ve been reading your posts for a couple of weeks. I think it is great that you help keep each other on track. Do you mind if I join?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    I' ve been reading your posts for a couple of weeks. I think it is great that you help keep each other on track. Do you mind if I join?

Welcome aboard!

I so want to be in Canada right now, alas, not until November. Though we did have a strange thing happen on Sunday evening - water fell from the sky! We even have a chance of more of this stuff later in the week.

Yesterday I did walking, weights, and yoga. Today is elliptical (and kickboxing if I'm lucky). Also have that dang dance lesson. I think there is only 2 more to go. I'm stuck at my weight. I may, gasp, not count calories for a week or so. One more week. I think I would go overboard this week if I didn't count. Too many celebrations going on.

Hey, WL, where are you??

Oh, and a Happy Birthday to MM! :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,694 Member
    Happy birthday to me! :laugh: I don't have much going on today. I'm going to go to the library, do my cleaning for the day, and do Taebo. Not in that order though. I need to work out soon or I won't do it at all.
    I stepped on the scale this morning and lost a pound. It's been fluctuating a lot so I am not going to really count it until I step on it again in a few days and see it has stayed the same.
    No birthday cake for me today, not really any sweets in the house either so I shouldn't do too bad. Although my brothers got me a gift card to Sonic so I may go at happy hour (half off) and get a green apple sweet tea! YUM!!!! Sounds crazy but it's really good! So that may be my splurge today.
    I'd better get busy before I say forget it. Have a great day!
    Melissa
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Thanks! I think this will definitely help me stay on track, especially with exercise.

Yesterday was biking and pilates. This morning I took a brisk walk for about 60 minutes. I really want to get outside today... It's a beautiful day in Ohio!

Have a great day!
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Good morning All :smile:

Yesterday was a good day I workout at the gym for 1 hr treadmill and weights.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Melissa, have a GREAT DAY !!!! :flowerforyou: :smile:

Have a good day everybody.:smile::drinker:

Pam
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Happy birthday Melissa. I hope you have a great day!
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Happy Birthday MM:flowerforyou: Hope you have a great day!

Usual here-after my 10 plus mile bike ride last night I was pretty sure that Jillian would get the best of me but I motored right through The Shred again. Headed out now for a walk around the block-maybe two if I can talk the kids into it. Two times around my block is a little over a mile & a half. Kinda tough on little legs.

Hope everyone has a terrific healthy day!
  • bamabelle
    bamabelle Posts: 14
    Yesterday was "Y" day - 45 mintues on the treadmill and 30 minutes doing laps in the pool.

Today is training day (volunteer fire fighter here). I have no idea what we will be doing, but you can bet it will involve hoses and that 50 pound sweat suit! :grumble: