It Worked

sindyb9
sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
No medications for my diabetes. I had 3 months to loose some weight to see if I could control my diabetes without medication. I did it. my sugar levels dropped and even though it is not were it should be I have 4 more months to see if dropping more weight will lower it. I am so excited because I know that I will be loosing more weight and I already feel 10 times better than I did 3 months ago. I lost 25lbs in 3 months and hope I will loose at least 30 more by the time I see the doctor again. Just hope my siblings see that eating healthy and exercise really can help.

Thank you everyone for all your support I could not have done this with out you!

:drinker: :drinker: Thanks MFP Friends:bigsmile:

Replies

• sindyb9
    No medications for my diabetes. I had 3 months to loose some weight to see if I could control my diabetes without medication. I did it. my sugar levels dropped and even though it is not were it should be I have 4 more months to see if dropping more weight will lower it. I am so excited because I know that I will be loosing more weight and I already feel 10 times better than I did 3 months ago. I lost 25lbs in 3 months and hope I will loose at least 30 more by the time I see the doctor again. Just hope my siblings see that eating healthy and exercise really can help.

Thank you everyone for all your support I could not have done this with out you!

:drinker: :drinker: Thanks MFP Friends:bigsmile:
  • VanessaC
    VanessaC Posts: 126 Member
    That's great news! Congratulations with the weight loss so far and good luck in the months to come.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    WOW, CONGRATULATIONS! THAT'S FANTASTIC! GREAT JOB! Keep doing what you're doing, and you WON'T need any medication!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Congrats!! Keep it up!!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Congrats to you!!!!
  • sindyb9
    Thank you everyone. The news just makes me want to work harder. I was so excited I walked home, 2 cities about 4 miles, never thought I could but stayed on the bus route just incase. :laugh: :laugh: This whole week I have at least walked 3 miles daily today 3.74 miles. I want to loose at least another 25lbs (the healthy way) by the time I see my doctor again in 4 months. We shall see. :drinker:
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    That's great news!! HOORAY!!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    woohoo.gifwoohoo.gifwoohoo.gifwoohoo.gifwoohoo.gifwoohoo.gif

That is certainly WOOHOOOOOOO worthy!

Congratulations on such an incredbile achievement!

I wish I had done the same when I recieved "the news" years ago but at least now I have got my diabetes under control (for the first time since being diagnosed) and my meds are being reduced. One pill cut out completely and the other one cut in 1/2 now! woohoonaner2gy.gif

I'm hoping soon to be meds free!

Congrats again and keep at it now--don't slip back. You can knock out diabetes but the danger is always there just waiting for unhealthy habits to slip back in, so keep at it!
  • sindyb9
    Thank you. I am loosing all of the weight and if it keeps me off medication thats great, but I feel better have more energy It just makes me more determined. I am on other meds for high cholestoral that did not lower but working on that too. Here is to being healthy :drinker:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Thank you. I am loosing all of the weight and if it keeps me off medication thats great, but I feel better have more energy It just makes me more determined. I am on other meds for high cholestoral that did not lower but working on that too. Here is to being healthy :drinker:

Check by Googling but there's some foods that you can eat to help lower cholesterol that might help you in that area.

My cholesterol has always been fantastic--at least I've got one good thing going for me! :tongue:
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Thats awesome!!
    it is so much easier to be healthy than to have to take medication.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    this is a great accoplishment see how great it feels!!!!! Congrats
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    How wonderful! Congratulations and keep it up!
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Fantastic!!! The greatest reward of a lifestyle change is better health! Enjoy every moment!

72689.png
  • sindyb9

Check by Googling but there's some foods that you can eat to help lower cholesterol that might help you in that area.

My cholesterol has always been fantastic--at least I've got one good thing going for me! :tongue:

LOL My mom gave me the greatest health issues. :grumble: But just like she is I am fighting them. :drinker:
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    That's awesome! It's great to hear how well MFP works and it definately helps motivated me when I hear of others victories!

:bigsmile:
  • bonita87
    bonita87 Posts: 50
    thatsss gr8 congrats :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!