July 1 MFP Runner's Club

Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
Good morning!

So today I ran 44 minutes at a very slow pace as per my training schedule. I tried to keep my heart rate between 130-135 on flat surfaces. I have to say that I feel really good, my legs don't feel tired at all. I felt like I could have ran forever!
Because I'm still trying to lose weight, I jumped on the elliptical for 15 minutes to burn a few more calories.

Today is Canada day, so we are taking the kids to marineland for the day.

Have a great one all!!
Mireille

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Good morning!

So today I ran 44 minutes at a very slow pace as per my training schedule. I tried to keep my heart rate between 130-135 on flat surfaces. I have to say that I feel really good, my legs don't feel tired at all. I felt like I could have ran forever!
    Because I'm still trying to lose weight, I jumped on the elliptical for 15 minutes to burn a few more calories.

Today is Canada day, so we are taking the kids to marineland for the day.

Have a great one all!!
    Mireille
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Good morning Mireille and everyone!

Just completed a 2-mile run. Only 20 more weeks until the half marathon. :)

Happy Canada Day!!!

Alison
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Happy Canada Day!! :drinker:

(and happy birthday to my DH!)

I ran 6.2 last night at a 10 minute pace! Felt great! I was following four young men from my training group which was great motivation! :wink: It rained on us for part of the run which was very refreshing.

They cancelled the nutritionist last night so I will get you all the 411 next time.

My thigh is bothering me today. I had pulled the muscle 2 months ago while taking a class and it hadn't bothered me in a while but it now it feels sore - just a dull pain not bad enough for advil...I think I will try icing today at work and see if that helps.

Hope to hear from all the newbies today!!

and all you vets - get out there and run your butts off!!
  • I'm having some issues and need some support. I just can't bring myself to do w6d3 which is the 25 minute run. I got to 13 minutes run tonight and felt like I just couldn't carry on, so I stopped and walked 2 minutes and wanted to run the last 10 and then stopped after 3 more mintues and then ran the last 2 minutes. I don't know if it's a mental hurdle or I'm running too late at night and am just spent....I just don't know. I know I'll feel just great when I actually accomplish it though. Any words? Anything? HELP!!!!
    Heidi
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    I ran into the kitchen today and grabbed my coffee... UGGG!!! What side of the goodmorning planet are you on anyway??? WAKEY WAKEY!!!

:laugh:

I'm going biking with the flamily tonight...

Does anyone take a day off from running???
  • mlck2323
    mlck2323 Posts: 87
    I'm having some issues and need some support. I just can't bring myself to do w6d3 which is the 25 minute run. I got to 13 minutes run tonight and felt like I just couldn't carry on, so I stopped and walked 2 minutes and wanted to run the last 10 and then stopped after 3 more mintues and then ran the last 2 minutes. I don't know if it's a mental hurdle or I'm running too late at night and am just spent....I just don't know. I know I'll feel just great when I actually accomplish it though. Any words? Anything? HELP!!!!
    Heidi

Way to go running the firs 13! I would recommend trying a steady walk-run regimen. Start by running for three minutes, walking for two. Do that for 25-30 minutes instead, and in two weeks or so, add a minute to the run part (4 and 2). After a couple weeks of that, try 4 run, 1 walk. Work your way up to ten and one and in no time, you're running!!

Good luck!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    <<<<<<<Where's the rolling eyes emoticon?>>>>>>>

I'm so put out with my body right now......So, as many of you know, I had been complaining of leg pain last week. My doctor's appointment is today. I ran last Monday (that was the last time), but not as far as usual and now I think that my body is going through withdrawal. I'm a little amazed at how my mood has suffered, as I have fallen into a funk. I am maintaining my weight, which is a good thing, but it scares me a little to not have any "calorie-cushion" to help me through my day.

I'll let you guys know what happens. I suspect my doc is going to diagnose overuse and to rest, but I need to go to have some peace of mind.

Happy trails everybody. Happy Holiday to all of our Canadian Pals!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good morning!

Today is a rest day for me. I got out for a wonderful 2 mile walk with my daughter. It was a perfect morning for a run. Go figure! On my rest day the temperature was 69 degrees and ONLY 55% humidity.

Enjoy the day:flowerforyou:
    -Kechie.
  • I'm having some issues and need some support. I just can't bring myself to do w6d3 which is the 25 minute run. I got to 13 minutes run tonight and felt like I just couldn't carry on, so I stopped and walked 2 minutes and wanted to run the last 10 and then stopped after 3 more mintues and then ran the last 2 minutes. I don't know if it's a mental hurdle or I'm running too late at night and am just spent....I just don't know. I know I'll feel just great when I actually accomplish it though. Any words? Anything? HELP!!!!
    Heidi

Way to go running the firs 13! I would recommend trying a steady walk-run regimen. Start by running for three minutes, walking for two. Do that for 25-30 minutes instead, and in two weeks or so, add a minute to the run part (4 and 2). After a couple weeks of that, try 4 run, 1 walk. Work your way up to ten and one and in no time, you're running!!

Good luck!

That's what I have been doing. I've been following the couch to 5k program and am on week 6 day 3. I really like how that's set up and haven't had many issues up to this point so I'll continue with this, but I just don't know if I'm having a mental block or what. I guess I just need to buckle down and just do it and get it over with....
    :flowerforyou:
  • kechiemc
    <<<<<<<Where's the rolling eyes emoticon?>>>>>>>

I'm so put out with my body right now......So, as many of you know, I had been complaining of leg pain last week. My doctor's appointment is today. I ran last Monday (that was the last time), but not as far as usual and now I think that my body is going through withdrawal. I'm a little amazed at how my mood has suffered, as I have fallen into a funk. I am maintaining my weight, which is a good thing, but it scares me a little to not have any "calorie-cushion" to help me through my day.

I'll let you guys know what happens. I suspect my doc is going to diagnose overuse and to rest, but I need to go to have some peace of mind.

Happy trails everybody. Happy Holiday to all of our Canadian Pals!

I have missed hearing from you Pam. Good luck at the doc. Let us know how it goes.

chat soon
    -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    I'm having some issues and need some support. I just can't bring myself to do w6d3 which is the 25 minute run. I got to 13 minutes run tonight and felt like I just couldn't carry on, so I stopped and walked 2 minutes and wanted to run the last 10 and then stopped after 3 more mintues and then ran the last 2 minutes. I don't know if it's a mental hurdle or I'm running too late at night and am just spent....I just don't know. I know I'll feel just great when I actually accomplish it though. Any words? Anything? HELP!!!!
    Heidi

Hi there Heidi

Congrats on running 13 minutes! That is an awesome accomplishment. I started running last year using the walk run approach. Now I can run for longer than I ever imagined. Hang in there. I promise it will get easier. Listen to your body. For example, if you can only run 3 of the 10 minutes, don't be too hard on yourself. Take it slow to build your strength and avoid injury. I believe that your body gives you the clues you need to succeed at running faster and farther. Since you run later in the day, I would also consider if you've had enough or too much food and water.

Hang around this board every day and let us know how you're doing. This is an awesome place to get the support you need.

best:flowerforyou:
    -Kechie.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Good morning!

Today is a rest day for me. I got out for a wonderful 2 mile walk with my daughter. It was a perfect morning for a run. Go figure! On my rest day the temperature was 69 degrees and ONLY 55% humidity.

Enjoy the day:flowerforyou:
    -Kechie.

So what days do you use as a rest day? Just every Tueday or what? :smile:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Heidi

Hi Heidi,

Welcome to the group! :flowerforyou:

I too have a really hard time running in the afternoon/evening. After working all day & being mommy & domestic goddess in the evening, I'm usually spent by evening. Have you tried some morning runs?

Also, you may want to try different routes or even to get a mp3 player & download some upbeat music.

Sounds like your on a good program, but you just need to find a time when your body has the most energy.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Annnnnnndddd...good morning Runner's Club!!! :smooched:

Got 3.5 miles in this morning in 30 minutes! :drinker: Gonna be a hot one today so glad I got it over with. :tongue:

Mireille/Tricia/Allison - good job on your runs! :flowerforyou: Happy Canada Day too, Mireille! :heart:

Pam - do let us know what they say about your leg. We need you back with us, babe! :smooched:
  • Annab412
    Annab412 Posts: 12
    Heidi

Heidi,
    I know the feelings you are having! The run/ walk approach the others recommended, I also recommend. Also, if you are running outside, look for a land mark ( tree, road sign etc.) ahead of you and try to keep running until you get there, sometimes if it is a mental hurdle, that helps keep me focused. If it is a mental hurdle its ok to push yourself a little, but if your body is truely tired, just slow down; walking is exercise too, and you don't want to risk an injury.
  • Good morning all....

Thank you for the warm welcome yesterday. It's really nice to be welcomed - whoever it was that said I could be their coach, ask away! LOL -- I've trained many friends and worked up schedules for races from 5Ks to marathons and don't mind being asked anything. However, I am human, so I don't know it all that's for sure and I'm hoping you all can keep me motivated enough nutrition-wise so that I don't play garbage disposal to my kids' leftovers any more.

Brief history -- I broke my leg last Sept. (non running related event) and had to take 4-5 months off of everything. No running, walking, swimming, elliptical, UB weights only - and well, needless to say I got a bit depressed and started eating. NOT a good combo. Eating and not exercising does not mix. Now that I'm all free to run I have this gelatinous stomach to deal with and it's slowing me down... BIG TIME. My pace is incredibly slow and I can hardly fit in to my running clothes. It's been a hard mental recovery -- more difficult than the physical so I just need to get back to my happy place and lose this nasty 30-lb tire that has attached itself to my midsection. Disgusting!

So, this is my plea for your help too... I'll help you, you help me! :heart:

On the schedule today is 60 min of weight training with my trainer and then a 6 mile run tonight while my girls are at dance. My DH works crazy hours so during the summer I have to either run on the TM which I HATE or run in the heat while my girls take their dance classes.... today will be the heat -- wish me luck and an overcast afternoon!

Shel
  • Shannon023
    Good morning all....

Thank you for the warm welcome yesterday. It's really nice to be welcomed - whoever it was that said I could be their coach, ask away! LOL -- I've trained many friends and worked up schedules for races from 5Ks to marathons and don't mind being asked anything. However, I am human, so I don't know it all that's for sure and I'm hoping you all can keep me motivated enough nutrition-wise so that I don't play garbage disposal to my kids' leftovers any more.

Brief history -- I broke my leg last Sept. (non running related event) and had to take 4-5 months off of everything. No running, walking, swimming, elliptical, UB weights only - and well, needless to say I got a bit depressed and started eating. NOT a good combo. Eating and not exercising does not mix. Now that I'm all free to run I have this gelatinous stomach to deal with and it's slowing me down... BIG TIME. My pace is incredibly slow and I can hardly fit in to my running clothes. It's been a hard mental recovery -- more difficult than the physical so I just need to get back to my happy place and lose this nasty 30-lb tire that has attached itself to my midsection. Disgusting!

So, this is my plea for your help too... I'll help you, you help me! :heart:

On the schedule today is 60 min of weight training with my trainer and then a 6 mile run tonight while my girls are at dance. My DH works crazy hours so during the summer I have to either run on the TM which I HATE or run in the heat while my girls take their dance classes.... today will be the heat -- wish me luck and an overcast afternoon!

Shel

Hey Shel, welcome! :flowerforyou:

Good for you getting back into running! That 30 extra pounds will drop in no time!!

Just take care not to re-injure your leg! :flowerforyou:

Training for my first 1/2 marathon in August, I may bend your ear a little bit too!

Good luck tonight! :drinker:
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Good morning! Thanks to all who asked about my Mom. She is home from the hospital and doing much better. Tonight I have run with my new training group! I am so excited. We are are training for either or 5k or 10 K. So far I have two votes for the 10 K from you all. Maybe I'll go for it! :smile:
    Bunny
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    I vote 10K :)

When is it?
  • Shannon023
    Good morning! Thanks to all who asked about my Mom. She is home from the hospital and doing much better. Tonight I have run with my new training group! I am so excited. We are are training for either or 5k or 10 K. So far I have two votes for the 10 K from you all. Maybe I'll go for it! :smile:
    Bunny

Hey Bunny,

When is the run? If you have enough time, then consider me a 3rd vote for the 10k. :wink: