*waves* I'm new!

So, hi. I'm new. A little about myself: I'm 26, married to a loving and supporting man, have a beautiful 11 month old son, work as a middle school teacher, and am currently about 100lbs overweight.

Now, I'd love to blame all the weight on my son but honestly, I was big before I had him. I have tried a little bit of everything over the years from Weight Watchers to Medifast to the "hey, let's not eat at all....tequila doesn't have calories, right?" (the last one was in college and wasn't healthy but, man, it was a good time!). I'm at my largest right now and feel awful about myself. I feel like my sparkle is gone and I believe very highly in having sparkle.

Finances are tight so I recently cancelled my Weight Watchers plan (ok, to be honest, it has been 7 months since I've been to a meeting and about 6 since I've logged on and tracked my weight). I am failing at life right now! It is time to get my head on straight and lose this darn weight. I lost 78lbs the last time I really said "I'M DOING THIS" buuuut then I gained back 80. This has to be the time. It has to!

So, that is me. Tell me about you. Let's be friends! I need someone to tell me "Hey, you suck at life!" when I mess up and "But hey, you can do better!" when I start to cry. I'm doing this for my husband, for my son, and for myself. I'm looking for the "Dang girl, you got hot!" factor. Who's with me?

Replies

• mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    First and foremost...don't look at it as a diet but a lifestyle change. Start with small changes and work at them till they stick. Then when you have a new pattern down pat add in a little something else. I called it re-wiring the brain.

I had a whole list of things to do. Here are some.

Stop fast food eating.
    Moderation and portion control.
    Get a good kitchen scale.
    Start walking more.
    Drink more water.
    Learn to cook "cleaner".
    Explore new foods.

Food is fuel. Food is Not evil. Eat to live, don't live to eat. You now have the tools you need. Use them. I did and still do.
  • l_clc
    l_clc Posts: 126 Member
    First and foremost...don't look at it as a diet but a lifestyle change. Start with small changes and work at them till they stick. Then when you have a new pattern down pat add in a little something else. I called it re-wiring the brain.

Stop fast food eating.
    Start walking more.
    Drink more water.
    Learn to cook "cleaner".
    Explore new foods.

Food is fuel. Food is Not evil. Eat to live, don't live to eat. You now have the tools you need. Use them. I did and still do.

Love this!!! Thanks for the great tips :)
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Hi :)

Welcome! Mfp is awesome if you really commit to it and it's free! So just go for it, re-learn to eat and exercise and you'll lose weight for sure.

Feel free to add me if you want to, I'm supportive :)

xx
    Ginny, 25.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Hi new! I'm Christina. :laugh: I'm on everyday and like to think of myself as a supportive friend. I'm a little sarcastic and curse on occasion though. Welcome to the MFP family. You can do this!
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member

Stop fast food eating.
    Start walking more.
    Drink more water.
    Learn to cook "cleaner".
    Explore new foods.

This is great!!!! And welcome to MFP!
  • chandanders
    chandanders Posts: 51 Member
    Welcome to MFP!! I think you'll find it easy to use and the community is great!

Feel free to add me - I'd love to help cheer you on your journey!
  • FitCoachShawn
    FitCoachShawn Posts: 230 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14158-lean-on-me
    Thats the link to an awesome group that is motivational and supportive!
    There is challenges, prizes, advice, most of all a great family!
    Hope you join and enjoy!
  • jmerry3
    jmerry3 Posts: 6 Member

Stop fast food eating.
    Start walking more.
    Drink more water.
    Learn to cook "cleaner".
    Explore new foods.

Great tips! Welcome.