Strange question for the ladies who lift?

joleenl
joleenl Posts: 739 Member
Well, there is no way to ask this non-embarassingly so I'm just going to ask it.

Do any other ladies get headlights while lifting?

Last week was my first week learning to lift and my entire time at the gym my headlights are on. I wear a sports bra and tank top or Tshirt but you can still see my headlights. It's kind of embarassing! I am not cold or turned on so it's an unvoluntary thing.

Replies

• lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Lol! Well I've never really noticed. I'll check it out tonight and let you know :P
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Damn, and here I thought it was me.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    I really haven't noticed and honestly I don't really care. I'm there to lift and so should everyone else.
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    you can try wearing 2 bras or buy the ones that have the removable padded cups and double up on the padding in one bra. both work!
  • joleenl
    I really haven't noticed and honestly I don't really care. I'm there to lift and so should everyone else.

Oh I don't plan on stopping because of it. If it keeps happening I'll just learn to live with it. I was just curious if other experience it to see if it's normal. During lifting my chest is quite sensitive too which is even more annoying!
  • joleenl
    you can try wearing 2 bras or buy the ones that have the removable padded cups and double up on the padding in one bra. both work!

Thanks for the good advice!
  • vanessairene
    vanessairene Posts: 104 Member
    yep. totally. And they're not small either. At this point I just own it. I'm there to workout, do my deal, and go home... not to worry about any of the yahoos who feel the need to be looking that close.
  • joleenl
    yep. totally. And they're not small either. At this point I just own it. I'm there to workout, do my deal, and go home... not to worry about any of the yahoos who feel the need to be looking that close.

^^ yes this was my plan too. I just wanted to know if it was normal. Thanks!
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    yep. it seems to be involuntary, like a heartbeat. sometimes i was concerned about poking my trainer's eye out. for him it was an occupational hazard!
  • joleenl
    yep. it seems to be involuntary, like a heartbeat. sometimes i was concerned about poking my trainer's eye out. for him it was an occupational hazard!

^^ LMAO
  • Yeah, when I work out, I get that, too. It's how I lure my hubby to races! LOL He enjoys hanging out near the finish line and cheering on the finishers (aka enjoying the view).
  • I never noticed when lifting (I'll look tomorrow morning lol), but I definitely know it happens while running. I don't care about the nips, but I do care about the perverts. I think guys driving by may take more liberties than a guy you see every day at the gym. I sometimes slip bra cups into my sports bra for extra padding. I also figure if they're sticking out that hard, they could probably get chafed easily, so that's another reason I want something soft against them.
  • joleenl
    Yeah, when I work out, I get that, too. It's how I lure my hubby to races! LOL He enjoys hanging out near the finish line and cheering on the finishers (aka enjoying the view).

^^ thats hilarious. I'll have to tell my honey. He'll probably come to the gym with me more oftern now!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    yep, I do. and I'm small chested too. LOL ;-/