This is why so many of us say "lift heavy weights."

Replies

• mytime1986
    mytime1986 Posts: 117
    Damn he is amazing!!
  • mytime1986
    mytime1986 Posts: 117
    I am trying to figure out the whole weight train thing!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I am trying to figure out the whole weight train thing!!

Nothing to figure out really...do a solid beginner program like New Rules of Lifting for Women, Starting Strength, or Strong Lifts 5x5. I personally believe in these types of strength programs to build a foundation of strength before moving on to other types of lifting routines. The key is to do a solid program that is intelligent and progressive in nature and follow the program and be consistent.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    wow... just wow. i know my grandpa was definitely not doing that when he was 82. he couldn't get himself out of a chair!
  • Myxalplyx
    Myxalplyx Posts: 129 Member
    You can learn a lot from a person like that with a lot of experience. The guy who got me out to the gym to strength train was 73yrs old at the time. His name is Charles. He is 74yrs old now and I still train with him. He made me look like shi* when I first started with him.

< img src=" http://imageshack.us/a/img35/6734/ndd4.jpg&quot; />

http://imageshack.us/a/img35/6734/ndd4.jpg
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    You can learn a lot from a person like that with a lot of experience. The guy who got me out to the gym to strength train was 73yrs old at the time. His name is Charles. He is 74yrs old now and I still train with him. He made me look like shi* when I first started with him.

ndd4.jpg

fixed it
  • Myxalplyx
    Myxalplyx Posts: 129 Member
    fixed it

Thanks! Gawd..I just read two different threads on how to post pics in here and STILL can't get it right. **Claws Face**
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Very cool!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    this is amazing!!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    So much awesome!
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    bump
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Awesome. The big thing is to keep moving and picking stuff up and putting it down. You can always tell when a person is active and eats right no matter their age and size. My mum drives cabs and she said some women in their 90 s , they still mow their own lawns (just need a decent mower)do their own shopping even if they don't drive, do most things for themselves. Then there are women in their 60 and 70s that are weak as ****. The difference is the older generation worked their butts off and the next didn't do as much manual labor. I know wo I want to follow.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Wow, awesome article. I just started lifting this year, and I'm 47. I hope I'm still lifting at 82.
  • kcritter77
    kcritter77 Posts: 162 Member
    Holy crap. The grip strength! The hell with straps! :)
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    So awesome!
  • Turnaround2012
    Turnaround2012 Posts: 362 Member
    Inspiring post!
    OK.. I'm going to get serious about lifting!
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Holy crap. The grip strength! The hell with straps! :)

Right? I noticed that too. This is so amazing and inspiring.
  • Fancytiger
    Fancytiger Posts: 16
    Awesome! I love lifting heavy!
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member

ndd4.jpg

fixed it

Wow! This is awesome & that man is a badass!
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Very impressive! Personally i think every female over the age of 40 should lift weights, if for no other reason to mitigate age related loss of lean muscle mass and help prevent osteoporosis,

Fixed for the ladies. :happy:
    I got it now - it's about balance and this guy is a credit to lifting.

Couldn't agree more. :drinker:

I was at a power lifting meet recently and watched a 60-some-year-old gentleman deadlift over 600 pounds. Unreal.