The TRUTH about Plexus - can someone tell me?

I searched the message boards about Plexus but the comments seem more like they are advertising the product.

My step-mom started using Plexus about six weeks ago and she has lost more than 30 lbs. THIS concerns me. That is too much weight to lose in that short of time.

She was introduced to it by someone who told her it was a "Diabetic medication" that has recently been found to work great for weight loss. This I know to NOT be true just by a quick google search. I have looked online but everywhere I look, the comments and articles sound the same. They all sound like they are reading (typing) straight from the "How to sell you Plexus" pamphlet.

I have tried to talk to her and tell her to lose weight the healthy way - by exercise and diet. She will not listen because she says the same rubbish I read online about it. It was like she was reading from a script.

Anyway, can someone (NOT TRYING TO SELL THIS) please give me the details about what this product really is. And don't even try to "sell" it to me because I'm not interested. And if this product is so wonderful, why did they have to lie about it being a legit pharmaceutical medication - turned over the counter because it is the miracle weight loss product?

And please, if anyone has information, if possible, copy a link.

Thank you!!!

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Here's an excellent analysis of the ingredients in Plexus: http://supplement-geek.com/plexus-slim-review-ingredients-side-effects/

It's another multi-level marketing scheme for a hodgepodge of ingredients that have little science to back them up and unknown risks of side-effects and interactions.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    I tried it for a month or so...I think I lost 4 lbs. I don't know too much about the product but was told to couple the Plexus with "eating right", so I don't know if the Plexus helped me lose weight, or if it was the eating right part.

Sorry I'm not much help on the topic.

ETA - Also bumping this, I'm interested to see what the responses are.

• My step-mom started using Plexus about six weeks ago and she has lost more than 30 lbs. THIS concerns me. That is too much weight to lose in that short of time.

Your comments sounds a bit like a sales pitch as well.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member

My step-mom started using Plexus about six weeks ago and she has lost more than 30 lbs. THIS concerns me. That is too much weight to lose in that short of time.

Sounds more to me like concern for a loved one.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    The fact she's lost 30 pounds in 6 weeks is not necessarily bad. If she is morbidly obese it's quite possible to lose that amount in a healthy way. If though she is only a little over weight it could then be a problem. The Lexus is unlikely to have had any effect either way
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member

Oh, go troll somewhere else. If you're going to troll at least make it worth reading or funny. Try including gifs next time.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member

Strong first post :indifferent:
  • DanaMcCrea
    DanaMcCrea Posts: 56 Member
    My posting this is not a sales pitch. I truly am concerned about her. I was just wanting honest information about it. I figured of all the places to look, MFP would be the most helpful.
  • DanaMcCrea
    Thank you roundgal!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    My posting this is not a sales pitch. I truly am concerned about her. I was just wanting honest information about it. I figured of all the places to look, MFP would be the most helpful.

I've never heard of it so I can't give you any advice, but it's awesome that you're looking out for her. Some people are just a$$hats.
  • DanaMcCrea
    Thank you Maria. I had never heard of it either until she told me about it. I'm all about wanting to lose weight fast, but after being on MFP and listening to all the testimonials of people who have tried everything to lose weight - well, they finally got it through my head that the safest way to lose weight is by diet and exercise. That is why I came here for advice on this. Personally, I would love for her to quit using it, but she listens to the Plexus person over me.

She also takes Juice Plus. Not sure what that is either but she swears by that too. Me... I'll stick to my veg juicer and have my juice that way :)
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Now Juice Plus I have heard of and it's just another multi-level marketing thing. (herbalife, beachbody, etc.) A lady I used to work with sold it. I'm not sure if it's pills and/or juice but either way, it's not necessary. Some people just don't want to hear that you have to eat less than you expend in order to lose weight and will try every shortcut (I did it for years).

Good luck!
  • megamom310
    megamom310 Posts: 5 Member
    I've been taking it a little over two weeks now..... I've lost 5.2 lbs - but more importantly - I've STOPPED drinking Diet Coke entirely - and I used to drink 6-8 a day! I think it works by stabilizing your blood sugar - therefore you eat less (and in my case, killed my craving for Diet Coke) - I wasn't even expecting that part... it just dawned on me one day "hey, I haven't had a Diet Coke in days!)

I was given the prduct free by a friend who swore by it - I'd never have bought it (burned too many times) but since it was free, I thought what the heck. After my first month supply runs out I'll def. be buying it - it's not cheap..... but given that I used to spend $3 a day on Diet coke and I'm not anymore - I consider it a wash.

The way it was explained to me was the product was originally developed (or was being developed) as a way to help diabetics control blood sugar, but then they noticed people were losing weight as well.

NO idea if this is true or not..... just what I was told.

To the orignal poster - they also have what they call the accelerator that you can partner with Plexus Slim - and that may be why your mom lost so much weight That DOES have a stimulant in it.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member

They do not. This person is concerned for her mother's health.

And, it's either "comment sounds" or "comments sound," not "comments sounds."

To the OP, unfortunately people fall for these silly fad diets/products every single day. Mom is very blessed to have a child like you looking out for her. Maybe if someone provides some unbiased literature here (which someone may have done. I have not looked at any of the links, so I don't know), you can show them to her..
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    The supplements have nothing to do with your mother's weight loss.

She's losing weight at such speed because she's barely eating anything.
  • megamom310
    WOW - angry much??? I am sharing my experience - I don't sell the stuff - so not sure how you would consider this spam??? It's worked great for me and I don't drink Diet Coke anymore - which - you are correct - does not contain sugar. But - if YOU did your research, you'd realize that people reach for Diet Soda when they crave sugar..... someone asked a question and I shared my experience.

I am new to these forms.... but it was my understanding that this was a place for support and encouragement.... not to attack people.

To anyone who considered my post spam I apologize - I do NOT sell this product..... just simply sharing my experience, which has been very positive thus far.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    WOW - angry much??? I am sharing my experience - I don't sell the stuff - so not sure how you would consider this spam??? It's worked great for me and I don't drink Diet Coke anymore - which - you are correct - does not contain sugar. But - if YOU did your research, you'd realize that people reach for Diet Soda when they crave sugar..... someone asked a question and I shared my experience.

I am new to these forms.... but it was my understanding that this was a place for support and encouragement.... not to attack people.

To anyone who considered my post spam I apologize - I do NOT sell this product..... just simply sharing my experience, which has been very positive thus far.

It's spam because it's a bunch of unhelpful nonsense that sounds like a sales pitch.
  • megamom310
    Well if it sounds like a sales pitch - that is your perception. I don't have anything negative to say as my experience has been extremely positive. If someone thinks it's a sales pitch - (even though I'm not selling anything) - they can skip my post. If someone is curious about others experiences and my post helps them make a decision or reassures them about a loved ones choices to use this product - well then that is why these forums are here, right?

I would ask that you consider that I am new here - looking for others to learn from and share this journey I am embarking on. I'm a tough girl and your post is nothing more than mildly amusing to me.

However - others might not be the same. If a new member comes here and the first time they try to share with the community they get such a negative response and are called stupid - that could easily scare someone off - denying them the support they were seeking and making them feel very alone. If you find a post offensive, or the poster "stupid" - move on. Don't scare someone off and make them afraid to ask questions, share experiences or seek support.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member

It's spam because it's a bunch of unhelpful nonsense that sounds like a sales pitch.
    That and the "super secret page that you must PM me for," aka "PM me so I can add you to my list of people to harass."
This discussion has been closed.