girls in the gym

Replies

• JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    LOL thank God nobody else chimed in and agreed with that original post. I feared the worst...
  • stephanne82
    stephanne82 Posts: 58 Member
    Hey I go to the gym right after work and I have my full face on. I don't bother taking it off. Yeah I look like a train wreck when I'm done working out. The point is that is a really unfair judgement.

This!
  • ced1389
    ced1389 Posts: 96 Member
    I get the wearing makeup, in a minimal everyday sort of way, I go to the gym straight from work so I have leftover day makeup on usually. The original post though is obviously talking about those girls that have makeup caked on and are more concerned about taking selfies and not working out.

It drives me crazy when people are taking selfies when I am trying to use the mirror to watch my form and what not. But not nearly as much as the girls who smell like they bathed in perfume before hitting the gym makes me want to slap someone. One girl at my gym gets on the eliptical and I literally have to move three away so that I CAN BREATHE! it is beyond ridiculous. I'm not saying girls cant wear makeup and perfume to the gym, but for the love of fitness gods everywhere can we keep it to a minimal? (in my opinion, this is also the way to wear makeup and perfume in all places, but hey, thats my personal philosphy.)

THANK YOU
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Oh look, it's this thread again.

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

Mind your own business and worry about yourself. :noway:
    Bingo was his fckin namo...
    exactly this ^^^^!!!!
    y are you caring so much about other people around you...
    and y bring this thread up again...

feel bad for the people who go straight after work and feel so good about finding some time to put exercise in
    but they get bashed for wearing make up.... wow!!!! :mad:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    omg tell us moar!

tumblr_inline_mhe5ivO78B1qz4rgp.gif
  • ladybuggprincess99
    ladybuggprincess99 Posts: 142 Member
    People that take pictures of themselves in the gym.. Just photo bomb them and they will stop.. when they look at you act like you have no idea what they are looking at.. or wink at em.

HA.
    I would end up doing obscene things in the background. This is probably why my fiance and I just bought a treadmill and an elliptical... I can't get in trouble this way... :D
  • ced1389
    I don't put makeup on for the gym...but sometimes I go there after work, or in the middle of the day (after running around doing other stuff)

So before you start freaking out realize some people have jobs and other **** to do before the hit up the gym....but yes, i must agree putting it on SPECIFICALLY for the gym is kind of silly, but if someone has low self esteem then do what they must, i guess.

i don't believe i was freaking out... i work as well and often wear make up, not cake-up. i guess i should have been more specific, it's the rolled on with a paintroller make up wearing, stand-there-and-look-cute-while-i-pretend-to-do-something girls that drive me batty.
  • Oh look, it's this thread again.

How about if you have the time to worry about what OTHER people are doing in the gym, YOU'RE not working hard enough.

Mind your own business and worry about yourself. :noway:

^^^ a zillion times this! What gives anyone the right to tell anyone else what they should look like when they workout or how hard they should workout? Do you pay their gym bill? If not, get over it! So sick of self-righteous people!!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    I wear makeup to the gym and I don't care who it bothers. I don't wear it to make you feel good about yourself.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    are you KIDDING me?

jesus.

how do you know where I am coming from or what I am doing before the gym?

i dont give a crap who is there waiting to inspect my face to see if I have make up on from doing something else earlier

just TRY to say i dont work hard.

mind your business.
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Waterproof makeup will solve all problems in the world
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    ITT: People complaining about things that don't affect them.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    ****, I wake up in the morning and purposefully PUT ON MASCARA AND CONCEALER before I go to the gym! OMG! I still want to feel like I look awake and attractive at the gym, but my minimal makeup and coordinating gym clothes don't stop me from deadlifting 200+ pounds and doing workouts that would kill most women.

I may or may not look like hell when I'm done, but I promise you I had an awesome workout and I probably put your workout to shame. Just because I look good doing it doesn't mean it wasn't effective.
  • i feel like most of my posts on here are complain-y but i'm about to hide from all gyms and social media sites because of girls that do this...

girls in the gym WEARING MAKE UP!!!!! omg! if you still look good at the end, you're not working hard enough!
    you do not need to take selfies in the mirror every time you're there and you do not need to go slow on the stair stepper because you're wearing a push up bra and don't want to lose your ta-ta's. KNOCK THAT OFF!!!!

take it seriously, or move out of the way for the people that do. you're giving us a bad rep!

i don't need you staring at me when i come in in a cut off with my hair snarled from running to the gym and scoffing when i pick up a weight. THAT'S WHAT THE GYM IS FOR. not instagram, mascara, and victoria's secret.

You hide from the gym because of girls that wear makeup??? It sounds like you're not taking "it" seriously.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    I don't put makeup on for the gym...but sometimes I go there after work, or in the middle of the day (after running around doing other stuff)

So before you start freaking out realize some people have jobs and other **** to do before the hit up the gym....but yes, i must agree putting it on SPECIFICALLY for the gym is kind of silly, but if someone has low self esteem then do what they must, i guess.

i don't believe i was freaking out... i work as well and often wear make up, not cake-up. i guess i should have been more specific, it's the rolled on with a paintroller make up wearing, stand-there-and-look-cute-while-i-pretend-to-do-something girls that drive me batty.
    Start back pedaling
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    This why some women are intimidated by going to a gym! they are worried that people are going to be looking at them and judging. Worry about yourself and what you are doing not what others are doing and as far as not working out hard enough maybe they have limitations and are just doing what they can at their own pace.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    While I am one of those people who are blessed to look like a train wreck regardless of how hard I worked, I know tons of women who work jus as hard as I do or more and still don't look like a train wreck. I often do the lunch crossfit class and a number of kick *kitten* women go there on their lunch and go back to work without lookn like a train wreck.

I just don't get why this bothers people. Why worry about what others are doing or not doing?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    I would like to thank all women who look cute at the gym.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    I don't do makeup because my mascara will end up looking like a was crying. However; I am a cute clothes workout offender, and I love Victoria's Secret. Wearing cute workout clothes picks up my mood, motivates me to workout, and motivates me to work harder (i.e. if I know people will notice me wearing a neon sports bra, I know I better be killing it my entire workout.)
  • ced1389
    YOU ARE ALL MISSING THE POINT. i wasn't referring to girls simply wearing make up. hell, if you're a guy and wanna wear make up to the gym, go for it! i was specifically talking about women that put on make up, go to the gym with their hair down & straightened, take pictures and don't do anything.

i thought i made that abundantly clear but i guess next time i'll spell it out word-for-word. you all assume i jump to conclusions that each person entering the gym with make up on doesn't take it seriously, but you're doing the same thing about me and this post??? i won't waste my time.