30 GONE IN 3 MONTHS!!! With pics :)

This girl is HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!! After many failed attempts at dieting & losing weight, 2013 has given me a fresh start. I have made a few changes in my life for the good. Some refer to it as a journey, but this isn't a journey. This is a new way of living for me. Calling it a journey implies that there is an end/destination. There is no end point for me, just LiViNG. At the beginning of the year I was having trouble with my blood pressure. My doctor told me that if I didn't work to get it under control, he would have to put me on medication! That was not an option for me! I have NEVER had low self esteem issues, I didn't hate my body, I was happy just the way I was. But that was an eye opener for me! In January, I started by getting off of all the sodas and sweet tea that I had become addicted to. In March I started making healthier food choices and exercising. I have been going strong ever since.. Oh I almost forgot to mention, I now drink TONS of water everyday :)

63dcd75a-b091-423b-8bfe-412afea78823_zpsd1c94f94.jpg

Replies

• Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    great job keep it up
  • jmcgreggor
    jmcgreggor Posts: 27 Member
    What sort of exercising do you do?
  • User819
    User819 Posts: 271
    Totally awesome!
  • whiteoutpen
    whiteoutpen Posts: 212 Member
    You look great! Keep up the hard work! I'm happy to hear you've made a life change. You'll be so much happier and healthier for the rest of your life :)
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Looking pretty awesome!!!
  • Harlequinndancer
    Harlequinndancer Posts: 86 Member
    Awesome work! Keep it up and you're right, it's sometimes easier to consider it just a change in how one lives vs a journey.
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    You look really great! Congrats on your hard work and dedication! And kudos that you did it slow and through permanent lifestyle changes.

I can see from the final few pics that your arms tightened up a lot! How did you do that? Was it just losing more or was it from arm exercises?
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Fabulous results, WTG, you look great!!
  • Needachange84
    Needachange84 Posts: 310 Member
    that is AWESOME!!! How tall are you?? I had the exact starting weight as you did...great job. I know what how you feel about sweet tea also, that was my weakness :) What type of exercises are you doing if I may ask?
  • Great job!!!!!!
  • kfheston78
    kfheston78 Posts: 82 Member
    Congratulations, and keep up the good work!!!
  • sljenkins
    sljenkins Posts: 76
    that is AWESOME!!! How tall are you?? I had the exact starting weight as you did...great job. I know what how you feel about sweet tea also, that was my weakness :) What type of exercises are you doing if I may ask?

I am 5'4 ish..... I usually try to exercise 5-6 days a week. I had been just walking the trails out at the lake and just recently I picked up my pace a little a started jogging around the lake as much as I can, break to catch my breath, and go at it again. I do this anywhere from 1 hour to an hour and a half. I bought a HRM to keep up with my time, Heart rate, and calories burned. I love it!!! When I get home I do strength with 10 pound weights... bicep curls, lateral raises, shoulder press, chest flies. If the weather isn't so great, I spend some time on the elliptical and do 30 day shred by Jilian Michaels.
  • mcgeorge5
    mcgeorge5 Posts: 92 Member
    Great job! Keep up the great work!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    You look good!! Keep up the awesome work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!