Your house is on fire....

Tamm04
Tamm04 Posts: 182 Member
Besides yourself, family and pets, what 3 things are you grabbing? You've only time for 3 things. I can't wait to hear some of these responses :drinker:

My purse
My cell phone
Photo box and some off the wall

Replies

• SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    cell phone (for facebook pics of course!)
    Laptop is getting blue screen so it can burn in hell..I'll grab lunch instead.
    Best outfits and shoes (that is not cheap to replace and isn't covered by insurance)
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    car keys
    wallet
    phone

at least that way i can drive to a hotel, pay to stay and phone the insurance company in the morning :)
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Phone, ipad and my passport!
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    1) handbag (always holds necessities like phone, purse, mp3 player)
    2) memory/documents box
    3) laptop (holds all other aspects of life :ohwell: )
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    purse, cellphone and keys
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Phone, laptop, wallet.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Keys
    wallet
    phone
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Wallet, to buy clothes and food
    Phone, to call family and friends to arrange some accommodation
    - Those two items contain all you need to start a new life as you can buy, rent or claim insurance on everything else, but as you asked for 3
    A laptop bag or backpack, to carry some things around
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    A wooden plant stand my uncle made me, my wedding dress, phone.....

All my personal pics and family treasures are not in this house.
  • tlangenfeld
    tlangenfeld Posts: 2,330 Member
    My family and pics
    my purse has my cell phone and keys in it
    my pet ( hamster) nibbles can't let him burn
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Christmas Stocking ( mother made it)
    Car keys
    Kindle Fire
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    My house actually burned to the ground March 21, 2000, due to an electrical fire.
    You do not have time for 3 things, you only have time for 1.
    What I grabbed was my daughters pink panther stuffed toy as she had slept with that since she was born.
    Why because in my mind it felt like an extension of her and I knew if she had to save one thing she wouldn't want to be without that. I was the only person home at the time.

If I had had time for 2 other things I would of grabbed all the photos (including home videos) and all of my daughters diaries ( we would sit every night and she would tell me what to write in her diary from age 2 on up until she was old enough to write it herself. I had tons of little diaries for all those years, her thoughts, feelings) but couldn't not grab them.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Just two things really....

My purse and my external hard drive
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    My house actually burned to the ground March 21, 2000, due to an electrical fire.
    You do not have time for 3 things, you only have time for 1.
    What I grabbed was my daughters pink panther stuffed toy as she had slept with that since she was born.
    Why because in my mind it felt like an extension of her and I knew if she had to save one thing she wouldn't want to be without that. I was the only person home at the time.

If I had had time for 2 other things I would of grabbed all the photos (including home videos) and all of my daughters diaries ( we would sit every night and she would tell me what to write in her diary from age 2 on up until she was old enough to write it herself. I had tons of little diaries for all those years, her thoughts, feelings) but couldn't not grab them.

Sorry to hear that!! Awful :(
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    1) The baseball my brother got for me at a Pirates game in 1979. Long story short, a player tried to throw it to me, but a stadium vendor leaned in front of me and snagged it (they're not allowed to do that). My brother went after him and got it back. It's my most prized possession.

2) My laptop. Hey...it pays the bills, and apparently, in this scenario, I need a new house. ;)

3) A box of "memories" things: greeting cards from my dad, stuff from my daughter, etc.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Thank you, at the time it was awful but in hindsite, it ended up being a huge blessing, since no one got hurt or worse, all I did was lose material things and some memories, but it forced a change for the better that ended up making my families life so much better in the long run. Plus side, easiest move ever!!!! LOL
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    1) My cat
    2) My purse
    3) Necklace given to me by my Grandpa who passed away last year.
  • whiteberry17
    whiteberry17 Posts: 124
    Lets see

1. My pillow
    2. A box of cereal
    3. My stuffed octopus that I have had for 10 years
  • CheekyBrahette
    CheekyBrahette Posts: 441 Member
    1)My purse (contains my cellphone, wallet, keys)
    2)My fireproof safety box (contains S.S.Cards and other important documentation)
    3)Case containing all the CD’s that holds my child’s baby pictures.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    At one time I made enough money and owned enough things that I never had a want for a single material thing.

People would occasionally say, nice car, or nice truck or nice place. NOT ONE TIME did anyone say "you are very fortunate".

Fast forward a 1/2 dozen years and I'm broke as a joke, holding my 3 year old's hand walking out of a cheap restaurant and a very old gentleman looks strait at my son, gives him a big smile, gives me a big smile points to him and my other two boys and says "you are very fortunate"

If my family was out of the house I LITERALLY could NOT care less about anything else left behind.