Challenge: Healthy Christmas treats

Options
If you put it out, they will eat it: this is what I've observed. So, I'm going to sneakily give my friends and colleagues holiday treats that are relatively healthy and delicious, instead of just saying "ahh, it's Christmas," and handing out junk. I'm thinking banana bread made with whole wheat flour and sweetened with brown sugar and cinnamon, along with fruit / veggie / nut tray (lowfat dips,some yummy clementines). I might even sneak a few health-food store treats in there.

I'll do it right before Christmas, in the last few days of work, people might welcome a break from all the junkfood. Who knows, it might catch on!

So that's the challenge: to get something healthy into the mouths of your colleagues, family and friends this holiday season. Anybody with me here?

Replies

• filergirl
    Options
    If you put it out, they will eat it: this is what I've observed. So, I'm going to sneakily give my friends and colleagues holiday treats that are relatively healthy and delicious, instead of just saying "ahh, it's Christmas," and handing out junk. I'm thinking banana bread made with whole wheat flour and sweetened with brown sugar and cinnamon, along with fruit / veggie / nut tray (lowfat dips,some yummy clementines). I might even sneak a few health-food store treats in there.

I'll do it right before Christmas, in the last few days of work, people might welcome a break from all the junkfood. Who knows, it might catch on!

So that's the challenge: to get something healthy into the mouths of your colleagues, family and friends this holiday season. Anybody with me here?
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    www.lifescript.com/channels/beauty/science_of_beauty/party_beauty_foods.asp

Here are some healthy ideas.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Good going! This next friday is MY "doughnut day" and I refuse to bring them... I am thinking fruit tray and/or some kind of whole wheat thing for the people who will give me crap about bringing fruit. If I hear one more sarcastic "Julie won't eat that, she's on a DIET" I am going to scream.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Bring on the fruit and veggie trays! There are so many "goodies" available to everyone this time of year that I think people actually enjoy and remember the truly good goodies. Even sugar freaks have a limit and this time of year everyone is just shoveling in the crap....go with fresh and fabulous instead of baked, sugared, or chocolatized!!