SBF- July 2nd

Wow I am the first to post. I hope it is ok to start it.

I feel sooooo good to be on track. It is amazing what it does to your self esteem even when there is little to no reponse yet from the scale.

I am eating well and within my new raw greens and fruit plan (getting ready for my August cancer check) Thinking good thoughts!

gym last night after work- various cardio to mix it up

Gym this morning- walking up hill 30 min.- abs, pushups (did 25 with lots of breaks!!) triceps also.

Next week I plan to tighen up my weight routine so I can track my exercises and progress but for this week I am just happy to be feeling better about myself and all of this.

Have a great Wednesday.

ml

Replies

• mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Wow I am the first to post. I hope it is ok to start it.

I feel sooooo good to be on track. It is amazing what it does to your self esteem even when there is little to no reponse yet from the scale.

I am eating well and within my new raw greens and fruit plan (getting ready for my August cancer check) Thinking good thoughts!

gym last night after work- various cardio to mix it up

Gym this morning- walking up hill 30 min.- abs, pushups (did 25 with lots of breaks!!) triceps also.

Next week I plan to tighen up my weight routine so I can track my exercises and progress but for this week I am just happy to be feeling better about myself and all of this.

Have a great Wednesday.

ml
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    OK, so I'm sort of freaking out that it's July. How exactly did that happen?

Anyway, today is my first spin class at the new gym. I'm also planning on a museum trip today, so that will mean a lot of slow walking. (and mummies!. . .)

Happy workouts to all!:flowerforyou:

(oh, and welcome to the new "faces".:smile: )
  • psuastro97
    psuastro97 Posts: 125
    silly question - what does SBF stand for?
  • lotusfromthemud
    silly question - what does SBF stand for?

Stronger, Better Faster. . .it's a fitness challenge.
  • psuastro97
    i love it - can i join you all????

today i started the Shred It dvd with Jillian Michaels.
    and took the dog for a 1 mile walk.

now i have to go to work. :sad:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Good Morning!

Yesterday was lots of walking... 60 min. walk in the morning and another 40 min. in the evening. Today's plan... BL Cardio Max dvd in the a.m. and a walk in the p.m.

psuastro97, what did you think of the Shred dvd? I'm thinking of getting it.

Hope you all have a great day!
  • psuastro97
    this is day 1 - so i can say i enjoyed it. it was really fast, too - meaning i was done before i knew it! the moves in level 1 are pretty basic things everyone can do - in fact she says she won't give modifications for some things cause 400 pound people can do them, so why can't you! i like her tough style....

i hope it has results!!!

for $10 - i'd definitely buy it and give it a shot. i got it off of e-bay.
    with 2 day shippng it was $16.00
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Good morning......Happy Hump Day :smile: one more day to work and I'm on vacation for a week:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Yesterday 60 min cardio with weights program that was on Fit Tv & 30 min. arms & abs dvd.

Have a great Workout Day !!!!!!!:bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    I want to join!!!! Is it too late? Well, yesterday I did the Body For Life upper body strength workout and 20 mins on the stationary bike. It was a pretty good day as far as eating was concerned.

Today I started with BL cardio Max, 444 cals burned. I love it!! I feel so strong after I do it. Whew, need to take a shower. I can eat over 2000 cals today :noway: Don't know if I can stomach that much food!!

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    I was the only one in spin class.. . .yikes! (new gym, not many members yet).

Got pushed hard. . .love it! It was a little embarrassing, because I wasn't used to the bike and it took me forever to "clip in" (get my shoes attached to the bike). It's a real coordination thing, and every bike is different. Anyway, 550 calories. Woot!:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Welcome everyone!

I had a near perfect day yesterday. I did an hour on the elliptical. Got a massage. Had lunch at the four seasons. Went for a short walk. Sat by the pool. Did a kickboxing class. Went to dance class (this part I would have changed for an hour on the couch with kitties and husband). Went to one of my favorite restaurants for dinner. Ahhh. I could live everyday like this.

I had a record 31,000 steps yesterday. I didn't track calories, and I'm not going to this week. It's just too difficult with all the going out to eat.

Today is weights class and walking. No yoga tonight as we are going to visit a friend tonight. I only have 15 minutes to get my butt in gear!

Shred is also available on Amazon for $10.

Happy workouts!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Great job all! :flowerforyou: I think it's fantastic to see so many new faces. I love the old ones, but we were definitely in a rut there for a while! :laugh:

So even though I didn't check in yesterday, I did my 3 mile road run. My pitiful body screamed with every step for the first half mie, but then eased up. I'm summing up the courage to get in the weight room for upper body, another 3 mile run and hill repeats. I hope someone has some WD40 I can borrow. Delayed muscle soreness is so much worse than I remember!!!! Praise God for Aleeve! :laugh:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,694 Member
    Hey everyone! I'm loving it that we have newbies on this challenge! Makes me accountable to even more people!
    I did horrible on my eating yesterday, but it was my birthday, so I splurged. Trying to get back on track today. I did not feel like working out today, but I managed to do 30 minutes of Taebo and an hour of light cleaning. I still have more cleaning to do upstairs this afternoon, but I don't know if I will make it. Going to try to get all my water in today too. This might be a silly question but do you retain water when you don't drink it or do you retain it when you first start drinking a lot or both? Just wondering!
    Have a great day!
    Melissa
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Happy hump day SBF'ers! I did Level 3 Shred again-I sound like a broken record but my daughter lent the rest of my DVD's to a friend to copy:explode: so I'm waiting for their return. Will probably do the Shred til the end of next week & go back to the Cardio Max for a couple of weeks. I also mowed the lawn AGAIN-too much rain here. Will squeeze in a walk after dinner.

Welcome to all the newbies!:flowerforyou: