Baby Steps

So today was the first "official" day of my diet. It was really stressful, had to go to court, and so I couldn't eat breakfast I was so sick to my stomach. After such a stressful morning everyone just wanted good restaraunt food, so we went to red robin. While I did order a chicken burger and LOVE the fries....I DID do something I've NEVER done before. I only ate HALF!!! :noway: So yes, I had a lot of calories, grease and fat that certainly won't be doing me any favors, but I feel like I've made a major break through by actually stopping when I was satisfied and not popping at the seams. And when I work out tonight (if I can get past this exhaustion) then it should be an alright day. One tiny baby step at a time!:bigsmile:

Hmmm.....now it's just figuring out how to log that! lol You know it's BAD when the company doesn't post the calories. Any idea how many cals are in the Jerk'd Chicken sandwhich and their fries? lol probably 1000 calories in just the HALF portion I had!

Replies

• GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    So today was the first "official" day of my diet. It was really stressful, had to go to court, and so I couldn't eat breakfast I was so sick to my stomach. After such a stressful morning everyone just wanted good restaraunt food, so we went to red robin. While I did order a chicken burger and LOVE the fries....I DID do something I've NEVER done before. I only ate HALF!!! :noway: So yes, I had a lot of calories, grease and fat that certainly won't be doing me any favors, but I feel like I've made a major break through by actually stopping when I was satisfied and not popping at the seams. And when I work out tonight (if I can get past this exhaustion) then it should be an alright day. One tiny baby step at a time!:bigsmile:

Hmmm.....now it's just figuring out how to log that! lol You know it's BAD when the company doesn't post the calories. Any idea how many cals are in the Jerk'd Chicken sandwhich and their fries? lol probably 1000 calories in just the HALF portion I had!
  • GOOD FOR YOU! You ate half and that is wonderful. Knowing the right thing to do and doing it. That is total victory in my book. Like people say losing weight is simple, doing it is hard. Congratulations to you. VICTORY over food is so sweet. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Got this from their website...the jerk chicken burger is listed:

Red Robin Chicken Burgers
    calories fat carbs protein
    Blackened Chicken Burger 971 48 49 45
    California Chicken Burger 982 62 50 53
    Crispy Chicken Burger 929 56 71 37
    Jamaican Jerk’d 678 34 52 42
    Teriyaki Chicken Burger 900 47 65 55
    Whiskey Riber BBQ Chicken Burger 954 51 72 49

Soooo...it looks like about 339 cals for half...but you gotta add condiments, fries, and drinks.

Hope this helps. :wink:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • cindyfaye
    cindyfaye Posts: 72
    Baby steps are still steps. We all do this. . .one day at a time. I am as big as I am now because I was gonna start eating healthy after this weekend and then next weekend and so on. If I "lost" it and overate one meal, I would turn it into a binge. Now when I mess up, I pick myself up and keep moving. You can do this and good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!