I'm finally ready for the new me!

I am a 27-year-old woman who has some major weight to lose! Pretty much from 2nd grade on I have struggled with my weight, but now it is absolutely beyond what I ever thought it would become.

In the past 3 years I have gone through a lot of changes. I got my Master's degree, got divorced, my father passed away from cancer, made a career move, bought a house, and almost lost my mother to an emergency bowel-obstruction surgery. Needless to say, I seemed fine on the outside, but it was because I was eating and keeping myself busy in the wrong ways!

Finally I have made a promise to myself that I will change the way I live my life. I kick-started my weight-loss adventure by doing the Master Cleanse to get myself clean and clear and ready for my new life. Now I am trying to stay focused on eating healthy foods, organic when possible, and getting at least 3 days of exercise. My goal is to lose 100 pounds, which will still leave me "overweight," but at least much healthier, happier, and smaller!

I decided to join this site because I liked the layout and the fact it was free. I decided I needed some type of support system and a place to log my daily food intake.
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• maggierex
    maggierex Posts: 59
    I am a 27-year-old woman who has some major weight to lose! Pretty much from 2nd grade on I have struggled with my weight, but now it is absolutely beyond what I ever thought it would become.

In the past 3 years I have gone through a lot of changes. I got my Master's degree, got divorced, my father passed away from cancer, made a career move, bought a house, and almost lost my mother to an emergency bowel-obstruction surgery. Needless to say, I seemed fine on the outside, but it was because I was eating and keeping myself busy in the wrong ways!

Finally I have made a promise to myself that I will change the way I live my life. I kick-started my weight-loss adventure by doing the Master Cleanse to get myself clean and clear and ready for my new life. Now I am trying to stay focused on eating healthy foods, organic when possible, and getting at least 3 days of exercise. My goal is to lose 100 pounds, which will still leave me "overweight," but at least much healthier, happier, and smaller!

I decided to join this site because I liked the layout and the fact it was free. I decided I needed some type of support system and a place to log my daily food intake.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Good Luck with your goals! You can do it!! This is a GREAT site. There is so much help and support here. If you need a boost let me know!
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Good luck!
  • cnolovechild
    cnolovechild Posts: 179
    Your story sounds so much like mine! For as long as I can remember I've been overweight or chubbier than 'the norm', but in the last few years places that were 'okay' in my eyes before are now getting bigger and I know that it will not get easier the older I get. I've got a lot of weight to lose but I set my goal small for now so I don't get discouraged. lol I haven't seen 200 since high school and I'm itching to get there!
    I'm sorry to hear about your father; Cancer is a terrible illness that has taken so many people from me including my own father 3 years ago. My heart goes out to you and your family.
    So far this site has been really helpful to me. I find myself so excited and proud when I see how much more exercize I'm adding into my life right there on the screen. The people here are so helpful and friendly and looking at each person's journey is an inspiration!
  • maggierex
    i just have to say, i am so glad i found this site!! i have become far more accountable and love seeing how other people are doing things!! plus when you best friends are all either a size 2 or 6, they just don't get it!!
  • cnolovechild
    cnolovechild Posts: 179
    I'm glad you found it too... I think since I've found this site I've been trying to recruit EVERYONE!! :laugh:
    I'm sure everyone around me is sick of hearing about it by now. It has really been great here so far and I'm sure you'll learn more about food and weight loss than you ever thought possible! I swear I never thought getting healthy could be so fun and rewarding!!
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Welcome to MFP maggie!

Glad you enjoy the site, it will definetly help you on your way to your goal.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    welcome.gif
  • maggierex
    I'm glad you found it too... I think since I've found this site I've been trying to recruit EVERYONE!! :laugh:
    I'm sure everyone around me is sick of hearing about it by now. It has really been great here so far and I'm sure you'll learn more about food and weight loss than you ever thought possible! I swear I never thought getting healthy could be so fun and rewarding!!

i know! i wish i would have found the site sooner - it makes it so much easier for me to watch my intake, because i know i have to log it. i find myself checking my food journal all the time before i eat to make sure i will be budgeting calories and fat for dinner! i already notice a huge difference in how i eat and am shocked at how the stuff i thought was "good" is so so bad!!!
  • SkinnyMama
    SkinnyMama Posts: 146
    Good Luck! You are off to a great start!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Welcome new friend!