Vertigo anyone?

MaryIM
MaryIM Posts: 159 Member
I've been afflicted with vertigo for about the past 3 weeks. It flares up the WORST during a Bikram class & typically happens when coming out of an inversion.

Has anyone had to deal with this?

I talked to my DR about it this week and he suggested that I stop practicing for a few days ... which is torture for me. I've skipped 3 days of yoga and it makes me really sad. However, I haven't had any vertigo.

I was in class on Monday and actually fell over from a standing pose -- all the way to the floor. But I landed softly, the instructor picked me up and I finished class. Was tentative in my movements, but finished.

Suggestions anyone???

Replies

• angiebirdie
    angiebirdie Posts: 64 Member
    When I feel like I am going to pass out, I just rest during certain poses, and I try and stay hydrated. I feel weaker when I don't drink as much water beforehand. Maybe you can continue going but skip some postures. You should also talk to your doctor as this can be an inner ear issue, instead of just avoiding inversions in life. Remember, just being in the room can be enough sometimes.
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    I wasn't experiencing vertigo per se, but I was getting dizzy and nearly blacking out in class for awhile. I upped my calories and it totally stopped.

Could also be dehydration.

This post is from a few months ago, any update for us?