Need some post-Binge advice

Options
Hello, everyone~

I've been eating about 1500 kcal/day plus any calories 'earned' through exercise. Last night, I overindulged, drank, and ate 1/4 of a large pizza, consuming about 1600 kcal OVER my budget. So, I'm thinking for the next 3 days eat 500 kcal less to compensate. I'm just worried that doing that three days in a row (which will put me at 1000/kcal/day) will throw my metabolism off. Would three days of undereating really do that?

Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Replies

• QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I think you should just put it behind you and continue on. Be sure and drink your water, too. One bad night isn't going to destroy all your efforts.
  • mrsriisky
    mrsriisky Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Agree with putting it behind you. Maybe focus on extra healthy choices, or getting a little more exercise in!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Don't try and compensate for it. If you do three days at 1000 calories I guarantee you'll want to stuff your face again.

Go back to your goal. If your goal is set up as 1lb/week weight loss, you've just eaten at maintenance for 3 days. Go back to 1500 + exercise calories and you'll lose 1/3 of a pound less this week than you would have. So instead of losing 1 lb this week you'll lose maybe .6 of a pound. Really, that's the damage.

Nothing to worry about. Think about why you did it and try and learn. I binge when I'm tired and thirsty... I should ALWAYS just have a glass of water and go to bed when I feel like that...
  • storminwa
    storminwa Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Ditto, don't under eat. Just move on and put it past you.

We all do that at some point.
  • justtodayjen333
    justtodayjen333 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Lots of great advice. If I were you, I would try to focus on food quality instead of calorie restriction. And water, water, water!:)