Finally Saying Hi!

Hi everyone!

So i've been on the site for about two weeks, but haven't participated in any discussions or with the community. I have loved the site and it really has helped, but I'm still slipping a lot during the days and haven't made any real progress yet with my weight loss. I figured that if I participated enough, I would be more involved in the getting healthy process and get inspired by everyone else's successes!

But I'm 20, 5'3 and 197 pounds. According to my doctor, should be about 145 pounds, which is my weight loss goal. More than anything thought, I just want to be healthier. I'm too young to be this overweight!

Glad to be a part of the community!

Replies

• zebmingo
    zebmingo Posts: 2
    Hi everyone!

So i've been on the site for about two weeks, but haven't participated in any discussions or with the community. I have loved the site and it really has helped, but I'm still slipping a lot during the days and haven't made any real progress yet with my weight loss. I figured that if I participated enough, I would be more involved in the getting healthy process and get inspired by everyone else's successes!

But I'm 20, 5'3 and 197 pounds. According to my doctor, should be about 145 pounds, which is my weight loss goal. More than anything thought, I just want to be healthier. I'm too young to be this overweight!

Glad to be a part of the community!
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Welcome! I think you will find that reading the posts and sharing in the successes of others will really motivate you. It is really helping me stay on track, especially with exercise. I've learned alot here! It's also good to know that people understand your struggles and are genuinely proud of your accomplishments. I think a healthier lifestyle is what we are all in search of, and it's really nice to have the support. Good luck!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi right back at you! And welcome to the site that WILL help you lose the weight that you want to lose!
    It DOES work.
    I've tried just about every kind of diet out there, and nothing worked (well, except for a divorce! I got pretty thin, but then got "contented" again and put it right back on!) until I found this site! With this place, you discover that it's not just some fad diet thing that is bound to fail, it's a "lifestyle change". You CAN have treats now and then, so it's not like you're depriving yourself forever. And you'll get more fit, because the more exercise you do, the higher your food numbers will be.
    You'll see in no time how "almost" easy it is to lose weight and and feel good about yourself!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Welcome! You can do it!!! :drinker: