How accurate are they?...............

I bought a heart rate monitor the other day & have entered in all my details but how acurate are they for counting calories burned?
72389.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• mt73056
    mt73056 Posts: 40
    I bought a heart rate monitor the other day & have entered in all my details but how acurate are they for counting calories burned?
    72389.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jbeasinger
    jbeasinger Posts: 57 Member
    what's the name of the brand you have? i bought my wife one made by sports line and it keep very accurate counts of calories and heart rate.
  • mt73056
    mt73056 Posts: 40
    I have a nike one
  • the polar one i have takes your stats but then gets me to do a fitness test.

Does the nike one require anything like that?
  • psuastro97
    psuastro97 Posts: 125
    i have a polar one, too.

the fitness test is required for the first time, but you can skip it after that. i have found it is really accurate and i love it. i do retake the fitness test semi often, depending on my activity level, how fit i feel or if i lost weight. they say to take it each time - but that's too much for me, especially when i am crunched for time.

i have found the HRM readings are different than the readings on a treadmill after you enter some info. and different than what this site suggests you burn for whatever acitivity/time duration.

but i'm sure that's because your HRM is set for your body, and your heart rate....
  • jamie77
    jamie77 Posts: 101
    I have a Polar F6 and it didn't ask me to take a fitness test. Should I be concerned that my readings are inaccurate?:huh:
  • not familier with the F6, Mine is F11 and i had to do one when i first got it and its been nagging me recently to do it again.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    mine is a pulsewear duo, and i was not required to do a fitness test, but you do have to inter your stats. ive just posted a question about mine counting weirdly and im still trying to figure out what setting i messed up, but generally it reads very accurately, as i saw an increase in calories burned after a couple of months of steady working out, SO i could tell that my metabolism was rising!