Hey!!.. starting strong

Im introducing myself for the first time.. My name is Shana .. I am a mother of 8 children 6 of which i actually gave birth too.. and 2 of them are my step children.. since i last gave birth.. i had severe gestational diabetes which caused me to be insilin dependant 2 times a day.. I also had my first c section and my tubes are tied.. no more children for me!.. Im very pleased with that descion.. its time for me focus on my health and my children... so since i am still borderline diabetic.. not on any medication or insilin.. i have decided to make a life change commitment.. so i dont end up like my father and my grandfather.. 2 months ago i started on Weight Watchers, which helped me 5 years ago.. but my body has changed and Weight Watchers just isnt doing what i want it to do for me.. so i found this website.. and so far so good.. I started weight watchers at 227... and i lost 13.2 pounds.. i just started this diet at the beginning of the week and have lost 3 more pounds.. total of 16.2... Ive decided to take my weight loss in little goals.. with a grand goal at the end!!!.. my first goal is 22 pounds .. IM ALMOST THERE!!!.....im feeling great... and looking great!.. only time will tell this story!!! thanks again for this website.. and i cant wait to talk to more of you!!

Replies

• sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Im introducing myself for the first time.. My name is Shana .. I am a mother of 8 children 6 of which i actually gave birth too.. and 2 of them are my step children.. since i last gave birth.. i had severe gestational diabetes which caused me to be insilin dependant 2 times a day.. I also had my first c section and my tubes are tied.. no more children for me!.. Im very pleased with that descion.. its time for me focus on my health and my children... so since i am still borderline diabetic.. not on any medication or insilin.. i have decided to make a life change commitment.. so i dont end up like my father and my grandfather.. 2 months ago i started on Weight Watchers, which helped me 5 years ago.. but my body has changed and Weight Watchers just isnt doing what i want it to do for me.. so i found this website.. and so far so good.. I started weight watchers at 227... and i lost 13.2 pounds.. i just started this diet at the beginning of the week and have lost 3 more pounds.. total of 16.2... Ive decided to take my weight loss in little goals.. with a grand goal at the end!!!.. my first goal is 22 pounds .. IM ALMOST THERE!!!.....im feeling great... and looking great!.. only time will tell this story!!! thanks again for this website.. and i cant wait to talk to more of you!!
  • Shana, you are doing wonderfully! :flowerforyou: And your personal decision to make life better for yourself and your children is what counts!:bigsmile: Keep up the great work, and keep us posted!:heart:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome sweetie!!! Best wishes to you that your life change here on MFP will lessen your health problems.

:heart:
    M