Don't adjust daily calorie intake for exercise

Hello,

I would like to keep my allowed daily calorie intake constant and not have it increase for calories burned for exercises. Is that possible to do? I don't see it in any settings.

Thanks

Replies

• ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Maybe just don't enter your exercise into MFP? Keep a record of it elsewhere??
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Hello,

I would like to keep my allowed daily calorie intake constant and not have it increase for calories burned for exercises. Is that possible to do? I don't see it in any settings.

Thanks

I'll be interested to see the answer. The way I do it is by not logging exercise on MFP.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    I don't think there is. I guess it's either don't eat back your exercise calories, or you could add quick add calories that are equal to your exercise.

The only problem is that once you log exercise it adjusts your macros too...I really don't know!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    does entering your excersise as zero calories work? i know it wont adjust your calories but will it adjust your macros?
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    A lot of people who are using a TDEE-% method enter their exercise as 1 calorie.
  • elaineirene84
    elaineirene84 Posts: 65 Member
    I enter the amount of minutes I exercise but only put 1 calorie burned so it doesn't change my macros.
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    I always enter it as 1 calorie burned if I don't want to enter the full amount but want the time logged
  • happpyhappyjoyjoy
    happpyhappyjoyjoy Posts: 44 Member
    I don't eat up my exercise calories- I just ignore that number and do the math. I guess if there's another way let me know.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    I always enter it as 1 calorie burned if I don't want to enter the full amount but want the time logged

Actually I have seen others do this before also....
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Maybe you should do another free app/program instead? If you're not tracking your workouts on MFP you're not using the program the way it was designed. The only other thing I can suggest is to track your workouts using another app. That way at least you can look up your activity levels for the month etc. But why bother using two programs? MFP is designed to make it easier and offer you reports to track your fitness as well as nutrition. If you're not going to use a huge part of the program why bother using this program at all?

If you plan on working out every day and reducing your calorie intake why would you not want to see it all in one place? Otherwise you are not seeing the whole picture.

Plus, let's say you eat 1200 calories every day and burn 500 calories right after you're operating at less than 1200 calories every single day for long term. (just as one example). Everyone is different but if I personally did not eat my exercise calories back I would be fueling my healthy body with less than 1200 every single day that I workout. I try to do something active every day.

It depends on the person and how much you take in. But I get back to why bother using this program if you are going to make up your own rules and not follow it?
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Thanks - now I finally understand how some of my friends work out for 90 minutes and burn just "1" calorie.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    The most popular way is to log your exercise as you've done it, but count it as 1 calorie. That way you have a track of your exercise and minutes, however, it doesn't change your daily goal. Good luck.
  • Onesnap
    Thanks - now I finally understand how some of my friends work out for 90 minutes and burn just "1" calorie.

If they do that tough of a workout hopefully they are tracking it somewhere! If they work out that much on a regular basis that would be neat at the end of a month to see how much you've burned, how hard you have worked etc.
  • Onesnap

Great post! Thanks for sharing.