5 things your mfp pals don't know about you

Replies

• onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    1. I can have two personalities, one of which comes out at night and can be considered the 'evil side'.
    2. My favorite colors are blue and green, and I can't choose a single favorite.
    3. I'm not considered overweight, but I lack ANY endurance and stamina. It's pathetic actually lol.
    4. I'm ticklish everywhere.
    5. I used to be able to imitate Cleveland off of Family Guy, but after puberty hit, I lost the ability to :(
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    1. I'm really short tempered. When I get really p!ssed off (not often, thankfully) I get super violent

2. I don't like peanut butter unless it is with chocolate or jelly. Never both.

3. If I were to ever adopt a child, I would want to adopt a deaf child. Mostly because I already know enough sign language to communicate with the child and also because I know that children who are deaf or otherwise disabled are difficult to adopt out.

4. One that might surprise 90% of my friends list, I have only had sex with one person. I think most people assume that I have had sex with a lot of people because of how overtly sexual I am, but nope.

5. I haven't worn shorts since the fifth grade. That's when I started to think about how "fat" my thighs were and refused to wear them.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    1. I was a Falconer/ Animal Educator for 2 years. (This means I have killed, skinned, and gutted lots of small animals) I'm am still super-girly.

2. I love to do anything crafty, or homerepairish...my friends call me Martha Villa (I can build it, and decorate it)

3. I am a super happy outgoing person, and do not need a drop of alcohol to get on the bar and dance.

4. I would do anything to protect my children without hesitation, or batting an eye.

5. I am very High Maintenance (Just ask my husband, and friends :drinker: )
  • BenchPressingCats
    Oh another random one: I was the only girl in my high school sociology class who was familiar with the "urinal rule." I have no idea where I picked it up, but I knew it.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Oh another random one: I was the only girl in my high school sociology class who was familiar with the "urinal rule." I have no idea where I picked it up, but I knew it.

WTF is the urinal rule? I'm so disappointed that I don't know!
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    1. I have 4 little brothers, and am envious of women with sisters
    2. If I can make it 20 minutes in a conversation without using sarcasm, it's been an off-day
    3. I have 2 children and they look absolutely nothing like me
    4. I get extremely emotional reading books/watching movies/listening to music
    5. I can't stand sports although I am pretty good at pretending I do.
  • BenchPressingCats

Basically, thou shalt never use the urinal next to another man. If the only one open is next to another man, thou shalt wait until that man is done. Or pee in the sink.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    1. I did a bunch of blow one night years ago. It led to reoccurring panic attacks for almost 2 years
    2. I played college football
    3. I hosted a sports radio show in So Cal on AM 830
    4. I golf. A LOT.
    5. I'm selling my condo and looking to buy our permanent house
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member

Basically, thou shalt never use the urinal next to another man. If the only one open is next to another man, thou shalt wait until that man is done. Or pee in the sink.

this is incorrect. you have forgotten to factor in the level of intoxication.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member

this is incorrect. you have forgotten to factor in the level of intoxication.

Well yeah, booze changes some things. Quote from one drunk guy friend helping an even drunker friend walk home: "I'll pull your pants down, but I'm not holding it."
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    I used to be the Queen of TMI so there is very little my friends on here don't know about me, but a few things that people in general don't know about me are:

1) After my spinal cord was compressed by a ruptured disc and I had emergency surgery (preceded by my left leg becoming paralyzed) in early April, I have progressed from only being mobile with a walker, to hobbling around with a cane, to being able to get around my apartment without my cane, which is a huge deal. Next stop: not being referred to as "that young chick with the cane" in public.
    2) I met the love of my life on MFP and our 1-year anniversary from when we first met in person is in less than 3 weeks.
    3) I am the Spreadsheet Queen. I have a budget worked out - by week - through 2022. I am just as nuts about spreadsheets for work.
    4) I have a major foot phobia. MAJOR. I won't even eat mushrooms - not just because I think they're icky, but because they are a fungus and Athlete's Foot is a fungus, so I won't eat anything that I could describe as Athlete's Foot's glorified cousin.
    5) My cough sounds like a squeaky toy, or a barking dolphin, or something very strange that shouldn't ever be a noise that comes out of a human's body. Most people assume my cough is a little squeaky sneeze and say "Bless you." It's easier just to say thank you instead of trying to explain the sound, although I have absolutely no problem with people laughing at me about it. When you sound like I do, you have to have a sense of humor.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    1. I'm really short tempered. When I get really p!ssed off (not often, thankfully) I get super violent

2. I don't like peanut butter unless it is with chocolate or jelly. Never both.

3. If I were to ever adopt a child, I would want to adopt a deaf child. Mostly because I already know enough sign language to communicate with the child and also because I know that children who are deaf or otherwise disabled are difficult to adopt out.

4. One that might surprise 90% of my friends list, I have only had sex with one person. I think most people assume that I have had sex with a lot of people because of how overtly sexual I am, but nope.

5. I haven't worn shorts since the fifth grade. That's when I started to think about how "fat" my thighs were and refused to wear them.

Funny enough I knew only the one thing that would surprise all your other friends! :laugh:
  • micqs
    micqs Posts: 186 Member
    1. I was a foster kiddo, hate my bio mother with a passion, and love my foster parents dearly (they are my mom and dad even though Im out of the system).

2. I am afraid of being alone and have difficulty maintaining friendships due to social skills (via technology Im a boss)

3. I used to want to be a magician

4. I want to have kids... like yesterday...

5. I have a tendency to be attacked by strange animals and have some scars to prove it. (monkey, emus, swans, etc) Deathly afraid of emus now... an ex decided to shove me into an emu enclosure and lock the fence.
  • micqs
    micqs Posts: 186 Member
    1. I have 4 little brothers, and am envious of women with sisters
    2. If I can make it 20 minutes in a conversation without using sarcasm, it's been an off-day
    3. I have 2 children and they look absolutely nothing like me
    4. I get extremely emotional reading books/watching movies/listening to music
    5. I can't stand sports although I am pretty good at pretending I do.
    [/quote

I get extremely emotional too!! Ill be watching something and just start bawling or hear a song on the radio and just cry. Ie, that Pink song beam me up drains my tear ducts!
  • 1. I hate my hair
    2. I'm on my 2nd marriage
    3. I've never owned a new car
    4. I used to be a licensed financial advisor
    5. I'm the pickiest SOB I know.
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    1. One of my favorite desserts is tiramisu. 2. My birthday is in September. 3. I have an adventurous heart. 4. One of my favorite drinks is a lynchburg lemonade. 5. I love dark dive bars.
  • 1. I'm a preacher's daughter
    2. Love dark, twisted movies
    3. I'm a pescatarian
    4. I do NOT like my picture taken
    5. I laugh at very inappropriate times (funerals, people falling right in front of me, bad news, etc) It's my coping mechanism :)
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    1. I'm a very good singer. Maybe one day I'll post a clip of me singing but...I doubt it :)
    2. I have dreams of precognition quite often, and have predicted big events like where they would find the body of Jessica Lunsford when I was in middle school.
    3. I have severe anxiety, to the point that before it was diagnosed I spent three long days in the cardiac ward of a hospital being poked and prodded because it was affecting my heart rate (I had a nurse bust in on me in the bathroom because I had gotten up to pee and my heart rate jumped up to almost 200 BPM from being at around 50 when resting. I also have OCD.
    4. The only time I have ever been drunk, was when I was 12. Yepp, 12.
    5. I fell in love with my fiance the day we met. We began our relationship 2 days after meeting. We have talked every single day since and it's been 3 1/2 years.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    1.) As a teenager all my friends were cholos and I was the only white friend of the bunch

2.) I speak sign language and my mom, step dad and brother are deaf

3.) I won a singing competiton in 8th grade & sang at my HS graduation

4.) A drummer once broke my heart

5.) Im the sweetest person they'll probably ever meet ♥
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    1.) As a teenager all my friends were cholos and I was the only white friend of the bunch

2.) I speak sign language and my mom, step dad and brother are deaf

3.) I won a singing competiton in 8th grade & sang at my HS graduation

4.) A drummer once broke my heart

5.) Im the sweetest person they'll probably ever meet ♥

What's a cholo?