M&M's vs. Peanut M&M's vs. Almond M&M's

Replies

• wagnesium
    wagnesium Posts: 4
    Everything in moderation.. if all you do is deny yourself everything you like, you'll eventually eat it all anyway.
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    plain in rice krispie treats and peanut butter for all other occasions
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Divisive topic!

Cleary the answer is a mix of dark chocolate and peanut butter. No other M&M's exist.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    plain in rice krispie treats and peanut butter for all other occasions
    You sound like my daughter.

I prefer peanut m&m's.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Take bags of peanut butter, almond, mint, and pretzel m&m's Mix thoroughly. Add to blender with ice cream and oreos. Enjoy.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Pretzel.

Totally this!
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels.

Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the "loser," and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round.

I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.

Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.

When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3x5 card reading, "Please use this M&M for breeding purposes."

This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this "grant money." I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion.

There can be only one.
  • WendyTerry420
    Everyone who said peanut butter is correct.

^ this is incorrect. the correct answer is frozen plain M&M's.

the only other acceptable answer is frozen plain M&M's without any brown M&M's. this answer is only acceptable from current and former members of Van Halen.

Discuss.

No way! I don't even like them as ice cream toppings because they get so hard that you can barely eat them.

Frozen M&Ms = Ruined M&Ms
  • WendyTerry420
    My first thought was "only Smarties have the answer", then I realised they are probably not sold in the US. Original M&M's it must be.

*kicks ground and sulks off in search of sugar-coated chocolate confectionery*

bfqjq8.jpg

No, these are Smarties:

us-smarties.jpg
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    No no no. PEANUT BUTTER M&Ms!!
  • sc10985
    Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels.

Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the "loser," and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round.

I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.

Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.

When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3x5 card reading, "Please use this M&M for breeding purposes."

This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this "grant money." I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion.

There can be only one.

I think I read this on pinterest before...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    No such thing as bad M&M's. Have had them all and like them all, but do favor M&M Almonds a bit more.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    OMG so hard to choose? Must be situational:

1) Peanut M&M's at the movies with popcorn. With a hole in the box. So yeah Peanut Penis Popcorn.
    2) Halloween M&M's when dieting
    3) Plain M&M's in baked cookies. Crispy chewy chocalatey yum.
    4) Pretzel M&M's never. Fake sub for chocolate covered pretzels which are not salty enough to fly.
    5) Peanut butter M&M's only when you ran out of Reese's Pieces. Cause ET!
    6) Coconut M&M's all day everyday! Bestest
    7) Carrot cake M&M's next Easter. Can't wait to try!
    8) Cherry M&M's as your Quinceanera/Sweet 16 party favors (or the devirginization party as we like to call it)
    9) Mini M&M's on Frozen Yogurt, to ruin the cals and fat you thought you were saving.
    10) Red M&M's for any event that you must host for your in laws. In to-go goody bags of course.
    11) Almond M&M's never too. Because raw almonds, if I run out I'd pass up a bag of almond M&M's on my way to the store.
    12) Dark chocolate M&M with my morning vitamin, cause antioxidants.
    13) White chocolate M&M's in bed, watching Lifetime Movies.

ETA: Cause I forgot some.
  • sc10985
    If someone would combine the pretzel and peanut butter ones into one little package, I would probably faint. And then eat them all. And the be the size of a whale.

So maybe it's not a good idea.

But seriously...

Oh, did anyone ever try the crispy ones? Do they even make them anymore?

OH MY GOD THE CRISPY ONES. I harass someone about not remembering those probably twice a year. They were SO good.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Yea not mine just remembered the story and thought I'd share.
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    WHITE CHOCOLATE M&M"S YUM.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member

There can be only one.

You must report back with the champion. Perhaps asking M&M's Mars to send you back the victor from your last tournament to have them fight till consumption. Who knows? Maybe the survivor of your new tournament is the son of the original?
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Pretzel M&M's <_<;
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Peanut hands down. Almond comes in 2nd, the rest are just meh at best to crap at worst (I'm looking at you pretzel M&Ms!)
  • Velasca
    Velasca Posts: 81 Member
    My first thought was "only Smarties have the answer", then I realised they are probably not sold in the US. Original M&M's it must be.

*kicks ground and sulks off in search of sugar-coated chocolate confectionery*

bfqjq8.jpg

No, these are Smarties:

us-smarties.jpg

We call those Rockets in Canada!