M&M's vs. Peanut M&M's vs. Almond M&M's

Replies

• leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Sorry, it has to be plain. One does not mess with perfection. One does not mess with chocolate which is perfection all by itself. It is to be put in your mouth and savored, slowly. No matter if it is an M&M, Hershey's Bar or other Chocolate Bar. Adding anything to plain chocolate is like hanging fuzzy dice from the rear view mirror of your Ferrari. And the baby on board placard in the rear window. It's just wrong.

Each individual M has 3.44 calories. So if you are few calories below your allowance, have a few. I keep a small bag sometimes and divvy it up over a week or so, just to savor the treat of some chocolate. 10 M's per day will let a bag last a long time.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Why must there be a choice?

I like them all.

INCLUDING the peanut butter ones.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    2qs6vl2.png
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    1 Penut butter M&M and 1 Pretzel M&M in one bite. :)

do they have a mocha M&M yet? or maybe a coffee bean M&M yet?
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels.

Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the "loser," and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round.

I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.

Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.

When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3x5 card reading, "Please use this M&M for breeding purposes."

This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this "grant money." I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion.

There can be only one.

YOU ARE AMAZING! I bow to your awesomeness!

And I'm Peanut Butter straight from the freezer all the way!
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    2i23lax.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Everything in moderation.. if all you do is deny yourself everything you like, you'll eventually eat it all anyway.

This is true. That's why you should eat some plain M&M's with your peanut M&M's and some mini M&M's on the side. So you can have a balanced meal, and don't eat too much of one.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    2i23lax.jpg

Yes those cookies are exactly what I meant. I love those crisp M&M's in there. So yum.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    I'm not picky
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    wait I changed my answer..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLYuSz1fhbk5EWPJwYRx1yJyYCXO_Cdsv6YzwxYldQBFlAlKFx
  • shezzzzz
    shezzzzz Posts: 119 Member
    Wait... You can buy small bags of m&m's ?
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    My first thought was "only Smarties have the answer", then I realised they are probably not sold in the US. Original M&M's it must be.

*kicks ground and sulks off in search of sugar-coated chocolate confectionery*

bfqjq8.jpg

No, these are Smarties:

us-smarties.jpg

We call those Rockets in Canada!

Smarties for the win. Every time I visit the states I have to take them with me.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    All of them... at the same damn time. :bigsmile:
  • JessicaBR13
    JessicaBR13 Posts: 294 Member
    Peanut!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    There's coconut ones! I need those! I'll still go with PEANUT M&M's as my fave.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels.

Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the "loser," and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round.

I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.

Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.

When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3x5 card reading, "Please use this M&M for breeding purposes."

This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this "grant money." I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion.

There can be only one.

Aside from the fact that I have read this exact post before..... I love you! LOL
  • shezzzzz
    shezzzzz Posts: 119 Member
    My procedure to eat a Peanut M&M

- insert in mouth
    - keep there long enough to heat / soften candy shell
    - squish with tongue
    - work candy bits off, chew and swallow them
    - allow rest of chocolate to melt on tongue & swallow
    - work the skin from the peanut off with teeth and swallow
    - find the seam between the two halve, apply pressure until it splits open
    - snap off the little nubbly bit on the end and swallow
    - chew remaining peanut pieces individually and swallow

If you are consuming with a partner and they hand you one before you are done the last one, store the peanuts in your cheek so you can keep up.
  • Wow, it's hard to decide which is my favorite. I like a variety of M&Ms. Maybe M&M Mars need to produce a variety bag in which you have no idea which flavor you get. Just grab a handful and enjoy whatever you get.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Wait... You can buy small bags of m&m's ?

Any 7-11 or convenience store you visit. At 10 M's per day, you might get a week out of the bag. And if you're too weak and give in, it isn't more than ~230 calories for the bag so the devastation isn't bad. But don't give in to temptation. It's a reward for how well you do.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Peanut Butter!!!