Ran my first 1/2 marathon!!!

One of my fitness goals was to motivate myself to exercise. So I went crazy and decided to enter a 1/2 marathon. I finished it, running most of time the first 8 miles and then walking/running the other 5 miles. It was fantastic!! I ran it in Anchorage Alaska! The weather was perfect for running....cold. Anyway..if I can do it, anyone can! Reach for your goals!! You can do it!!!

74530.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• One of my fitness goals was to motivate myself to exercise. So I went crazy and decided to enter a 1/2 marathon. I finished it, running most of time the first 8 miles and then walking/running the other 5 miles. It was fantastic!! I ran it in Anchorage Alaska! The weather was perfect for running....cold. Anyway..if I can do it, anyone can! Reach for your goals!! You can do it!!!

74530.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Congratulations!!
    That a fabulous accomplishment! :drinker: :drinker:
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    WOW!!!!

Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drinker:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    OUTSTANDING!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Good for you!!!! Keep on keeping on!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    wow! That's something I'd love to do. How did you train for it??
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Magnificent!!!!!!
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    That is awesome! Congrats! And thanks for the inspiration!
  • thanks guys! I already love this site.....so encouraging. Minnie, I trained with a group called Team in Training. You sign up for a team, get some coaching and guidance and raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. They take you to wonderful places to run your first race. It is a great experience and you are doing a good thing for others!!

74530.png
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    fabulous!! Thanks for the info - I'll see if there's something like that in my community :happy:
  • minnie,
    try www.teamintraining.org. you will be able to tell if they are in your town.

74530.png
  • calatibo
    calatibo Posts: 289 Member
    fantastic achievement.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    congrats!! that is an amazing achievement - and not easy!!! I applaude you for not only completing the race but doing it for such a great cause!! Kudos!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!