shot glass?

rpatiag
rpatiag Posts: 18 Member
i don't own a measuring tool to measure how much a shot glass is...

I got three different sizes. 1 tall one, 1 short one, and 1 Mexican Shot Glass (straight from Cabo San Lucas that a friend gave to me).

I just want to know how many ounces i'm taking in, when I taking a shot of Jager or Vodka. Ohhhh hell yessss!!

Replies

• tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    One shot would be about 3/4 ounce by my best estimate. I used to have a "jigger" which was a small measuring cup, just a bit bigger than a shot glass, and it held 1.5 ounces, or about twice as much as a shot.
  • rpatiag
    i'm really digging this myfitnesspal.com thang! it's better than FB.

anyway, please help. how many oz. is a typical shot glasses. the iphone app I have says it's 1oz.

I have 3 different sizes... Again 1 tall one, 1 short one, and 1 Mexican Shot Glass.

In the clubs they must be serving 0.5 oz. shots for $10 bucks a pop. Have you ever seen them? There all large but, the glass bottom comes to the middle of the shot glass. if not a 0.5 an ounce than it's a true ounce for 10 buckaroos...
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    I just googled it:
    http://everydaydrinkers.com/2008/03/07/universal-measurement-the-shot-glass/

A standard shot glass holds about the same as a jigger... except a "pony" (small shot glass) holds about 1 ounce. The bigger one is called a double and it holds 2 ounces.
  • rpatiag
    thanks. I'll take a jigger of Jagermeister please. It's larger than the "pony" (small shot glass) .
  • rpatiag
    NICE. Thanks soo much!! very much appreciated.
  • rpatiag
    this is what i figured, I have three shot glasses. 1 "pony" shot glass which holds an 1 oz., 1 double shot glass which holds 2 oz., and I have 1 Mexican Shot Glass ( straight from Mexico ) which holds 3 oz. NICE!! Thanks again.
  • A_shelton316
    A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    That's an odd way but hey whatever works for you!
  • rpatiag
    it's just a guesstimate... everything we log in, we eat and burn off is an estimate.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Walmart carries a shot glass size measuring glass.
    I'm in good shape for this. I'm a collector. I have 334 shotglasses and shooters from all 50 states and several from friends who have traveled overseas. I don't have a drinking problem I have a collecting problem:laugh:
  • rpatiag
    three hundred thirty-four? that's a whole lotta shot glasses. let's party!!! also, congrats on your weight loss..
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    As I brought them home they have all had 1 shot drank out of them either by us or 2 grown sons and their friends. Hubby and I drove truck longhaul for 6 1/2 years. We built a bar to help display them. Funny, Pops and I haven't drank anything except maybe a few beers in a year or more.
  • hmassawian
    hmassawian Posts: 2 Member
    rpatiag wrote: »
    i don't own a measuring tool to measure how much a shot glass is...

I got three different sizes. 1 tall one, 1 short one, and 1 Mexican Shot Glass (straight from Cabo San Lucas that a friend gave to me).

I just want to know how many ounces i'm taking in, when I taking a shot of Jager or Vodka. Ohhhh hell yessss!!

Buddy i know it seem difficult to understand difference between Jigger vs. Shot vs. Shooter in starting.
    Let me try to clear it.
    A shot glass is a tiny glass that serves as a vessel for spirits that are meant to be consumed in a single gulp or shot. There is no standard measurement of the typical shot glass but some may range from 1 - 1.5 ounces.
    A jigger is a small tool, shaped like an hourglass with two ends acting as a vessel and a measuring tool. One side measures 1.5 ounces and is known as the “jigger shot”
    A shooter is somewhat similar to a shot glass only that it is more slender and taller. They also can hold 2 - 3 oz of drink or alcohol.
    You can check some additional resources to know more about them and have a clear picture about them. It is safe to say that all three tools can be in measuring. The most commonly used measuring tool in mixology among the three is the jigger.
    Hope you understand how many ounces u are taking
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    Not sure OP is still searching for an answer 10 years later :*
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I'm sure the OP has it figured out by now.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    thread_necromancer.png
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    But I think Walmart still sells those shot glass sized measuring cups. :)
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    As someone who really only started drinking since the pandemic started, the 2020 update was actually helpful terminology for me. I was pouring out my bourbon and whiskey into a small glass measuring cup 🤷🏿‍♀️
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    hd3tD4.gif